Why does the Sims 4 suck so much?

by Dequan_Gambrell

Original Post

Re: Why does the Sims 4 suck so much?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@valohim666 

Its seem that the player trait is not compatible with sentiments feature -> Here is the bug report for, if you have a save for this case maybe they can fix it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Player-Trait-Broken-after-Patch-1-56-52/td-p/83787...// I personally don’t play polyamorous; all my sims are lovebirds(monogamous) so I never encounter this bug.

Some bugs are only there if you play with a DLC active or have a special DLC-Combo because of this some bugs are still there. These bugs have normally a lower priority as bugs from basegame to get fixed. // I would love if they fixed GetToWork, special the problem from construct, I loved the little animation from this robot... but yeah, it’s not important and I think GetToWork need rather a refresh as bug fixing.

Sims4 is not anymore just a game, for some simmer is this game an escape from the hard world which they live. So, the team need be careful how they implement things, because of this it’s always easier just use mods to spice your game up (I personally would never want that my sims suffer from periods, unwanted pregnancy, teen pregnancy, or other more adult themes, but for all these things you can use mods)

Message 51 of 75 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Dequan_Gambrell My answers: bugs, lack of options to control the game settings, too many reused animations, trying to make the game too realistic, and too much set dressing.
Message 52 of 75 (1,031 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@daikoyu Ah that would explain things. I mean it does seem like at times EA just tacks on features that don't take existing stuff into consideration. I normally just do the standard marriages as well, though in the couple of times where it has happened I've certainly noticed the problems.

The thing with bugs though is that other than one pack (Kids Room Stuff, which I got free with Game Pass), I just have the base game and even that is riddled with problems. My main problem is that they focus too much on the paid content, and don't seem to take nearly enough time to fix what's there. I imagine that for those with packs, the problems are even worse.

And yes I understand that perfectly. I won't go into details, but my life is a complete failure and for me I get obsessed with these games because I can use it as an escape. That's why it annoys me so much when I run into all of these issues, because it's something that even if I complain about it I have a huge love for and I just want it to work properly. If I was playing on PC the mods would be great, but I've switched to console and so yeah mods aren't an option.

@3b92278050b2eabe6b24e7be12921809 I usually prefer older stuff too, or games that just aren't popular. I mean I just can't get into more modern stuff, especially on YouTube. Some of these people on YouTube are just obnoxious lol. Kevin is just a dork really.. a dork with a pretty dark side that enjoys torturing people in his games but still a dork! If you do get into modding always be sure you get mods that go with the latest game version, and also be weary of mod compatibility because some things just won't work together. I thought in-game glitches were bad, but packs disappearing? That's awful. I'd joke that your vampire pack turned into a bat and flew away, but I know I would be annoyed and wouldn't want people joking. I know I'll never have a partner, not only because of things like what you said but I struggle enough talking to people anyway. Places like this are about the only way I can get past my fears and actually communicate with anyone. Plus I too get annoyed when people get offended so easily. I mean I obviously won't like every single thing that others do, and I also understand not everyone will like what I do and that's fine. And I'm not sure I would say I was cool in any way, but thank you. You seem pretty cool to me as well, and seem like someone I could actually get along with.

Message 53 of 75 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All that stuff exists. They're called expansions. >_>

Message 54 of 75 (993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@valohim666  I hope that you life will get better, we all get sometimes in dark place, and sometimes we get a light which help us to get out. I hope you get your light.

OT; Bugs..

Spoiler

I think that it was we all agree that we want almost bug free sims4 with only light bugs (You can never have a software without bugs). The problem Is I don’t think the team had a say in this. I am sure they want to fix more bugs but just simple not allow from above, sadly so it works in IT.

Example: Programmer: “I fixed 50 bugs, so your software runs now much better!” Costumer: “Great but I don’t pay you for fixing, I pay you for more features, so... where are my features? I had to sell this program to clients and without feature they won’t buy it!”  <- this can be really frustrated because you need to show your client that the product sells more if it fixed, and that they get more money with a working product.

//And NO! Its not always fixing 50 bugs makes new bugs, yeah...  sometimes it just works, you don’t know why, but it works <- this is the magic.

OT; Mods..

Spoiler
@valohim666@valohim666  Finally, somebody which that understand. Mods are great but they have the same problem as other modifications, some mods simple don’t work with as sample MCCC. You can write as mod author this mod don’t work correct with MCCC, people will ignore and the first comment you get is... “I got LE with this mod, I have only MCCC installed” Another problem which many users forget, mod only so much your hardware can handle *My game runs not smooth anymore, I have only 250 mods and I play on a potato laptop but its for sure sims4 fault! We just ignore that I added 20GB on CC with high quality poly* //I fear, the next patchday i am sure many bug-reports come in because of broken mods , specially because of UI-Cheats.

So, I get now out from this thread because I don’t think sims4 sucks. I really think is a great game it would be so much better if they would fix all the issues/weird decisions (*caugh* DustToBust and the stupid smelling idle! So, I could finally use this pack in my vanilla game)

Message 55 of 75 (982 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Dequan_Gambrell Agreed! The game feels so fake. Lots of objects around, but you can’t communicate with it. It’s all about “sim talking” and that’s boring. Also those location loadings are annoying, I understood it in Sims 2, but nowadays? :/ And all the additions are like separated from each other. The ONLY one good thing is graphics. Sims 3 is way better. Even “the Sims Making Magic” with those magic quests and ingredients is more interesting to play than Sims 4! Feels like Sims4 creators didn’t realize what really is important in this game. So disappointed! l will have to play Sims 3 forever, if the game will keep going that empty way..
Message 56 of 75 (939 Views)

Ok, I'll try to take it easy on the mods when I get my new computer. I got sick, so I wasn't on here for a bit. I finally got my packs back tho. There was so much technical stuff I had to do to get them back. But at least they are in the game again. But really, the game is so boring, that I don't even want to play anymore. Do you play any other games? Like online? Also...how the heck do I change my username on here? LOL, I'm just a long series of numbers.

Message 57 of 75 (905 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I swear almost everything u said u wanted, u can get from expansion packs. And firemen come if u call them

Message 58 of 75 (870 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just look at the windows and doors...hardly any matching sets...cant use different ones together because the colours dont match and what about arches? we hardly have any arches and so limited.. what about making them in all lengths and 1,2,3 and 4 tile sizes. at least sims 3 creators got all that

Message 59 of 75 (857 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Dequan_Gambrell There’s mods you can use
Message 60 of 75 (814 Views)