Re: Why does the Sims 4 suck so much?

by onecrazypeach74

Original Post

★★ Novice
@rename0654871 I agree, they keep making people buy even more pack just to keep the game interesting and it really isn't. The only thing better in the sims 4 than sim3 and sims2 are the graphics. I am getting pretty fed up of playing the sims 4 as it just keep getting more boring. I could save my money and use it on anything else besides EA games!
Message 61 of 75 (1,181 Views)

★★ Novice

we shouldn’t have to PAY for content disguised as “expansion packs” that should be free. Come on now, you can’t seriously tell me it makes sense to make players pay to have pets, or to make them PARENT. You literally have to pay for everything and usually what you’re paying for isn’t even worth it because you’re just paying for  a buggy glitchy mess. That’s why people use mods. I’ve defended the sims for a while but after buying the sims 4 high school years, (yet another pack that was ridiculously overpriced) i’ve given up. I spent my hard earned money for a dumpster fire with clearly no love put into it and i’m angry. The only reason I haven’t completely gotten rid of the game is because I’ve spent so much money on it.

Message 62 of 75 (992 Views)

Tired of sub par broken expansions

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been a huge fan of the sims for over 20 years. 
I love seeing new expansions come ou giving us a wider experience and more variety on gameplay. I have had no major issues lately playing my game with my existing  expansions and extra content… until the new year when I installed high school years. I thought it would be fine since it was released a while ago and figured most bugs would have been fixed, this was a huge error in my part. I’ve been playing for a few days now and every day I have a new issue which is causing me to research the issue and trying to “fix it” sometimes it works thanks to other loyal gamers but sometimes it doesn’t and instead of being able to enjoy gaming I’m spending this time searching for fixes and being frustrated. I am frustrated that I am spending actual money for these expansion packs that don’t work properly… now I think I will have to resort to uninstall it until a real fix has been made. I’m seeing advertisements for new expansion packs coming out but this one still remains so broken which makes me think your team has no interest in fixing broken things since players have already paid for it. You’re just pumping more stuff out that could potentially also have a bunch of issues but you’ll just get more money for it so who cares right?! 
please please please fix what is broken… so we can have an enjoyable time playing.

Message 63 of 75 (934 Views)

Champion

@anastasianoelle , you do not have to pay to have your Sims parent/raise children... you only have to pay if you want a more detailed experience of parenting, which many people don't , especially if they are the type of people who mostly play with one Sim households (with Sims who love to party, go out, etc.)  or prefer to have couples without children. Those people wouldn't want to get the Parenthood GP.  But Players who love to play Sim families would want to get that pack!  Also, it is an excellent pack in my opinion. But you can still raise children without this pack, it just wouldn't be as detailed. 😉

Also, with almost every type of pack I have run into someone who thinks that pack should be in the base game.Raised eyebrow  We would end up with no packs at all, just one humongous base game! 😅

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 64 of 75 (881 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I do agree with you a lot, the game becomes extremally buggy each time you buy a new pack/kit but yet the refuse to fix them because they think adding 3 shirts and very little extra game play is enough to keep us satisfied. In my personal opinion most of the game packs along with stuff packs should be combined with the expansion packs. EA just loves just rushing the team to release a new pack in order to get our money because they know we're gonna buy it in hopes it'll make the game more fun. I want more challenges, more surprises, more unnatural stuff. I want to be happy while playing the game. Instead I just stare at my screen for an hour before I get bored. We rely on mods and cc to help us enjoy the game. Just stop releasing stuff until you fix stuff. 

..Why do we have very few traits...and they're not categorized right 

Why are the cakes in the cooking section NOT THE BAKING?!….. 

Why make the game free after a lot of us spent almost 60 dollars just for the stupid base game. Y'all could've given users who already bought the game a temporary expansion pack or something before making the game free for everyone. 

There are some goods to this game... like the GTW pack and the Cottage Living pack. I love the fact that we can actually go to work with our sim or own a farm. I love basically every pack that gave us a new occult sim other than the werewolves pack... they look so bad.

Message 65 of 75 (853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having a huge base game would somehow be worse? For who? The shareholders at EA. Seriously 95% of what they try and sell us via packs is all things that were previously just part of the game in earlier sims games. Not to mention a TON of earlier content like vehicles, open worlds, robbery/burglary, dynamic relationships and a entire aspiration system that was not a cakewalk to game.

In previous sims games it took a entire lifetime to complete their aspiration, now I can rags to riches starting homeless and with 0$ and be a millionaire in under 30 sim days, entirely completed at least 4 entire aspirations. The game is as shallow as a puddle unless you throw the cost of a used car at it. IF you had added every single pack to the base game for free you might actually start to be a actual sims game.

Message 66 of 75 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, if you want to spend over $500!  I have spent over $760 on the game and expansion packs, stuff packs, etc and all I got was bugs, freezing, Eco Pack ruins the game when everything is green!  Green screen is what you get as I had to remove to to play again with no refund!  The kits and packs, with upgrades you do are ruining the game with all the changing and redoing!  Errands do not work with Cottage Living or Batuu, game freezes and we loose hours of play with all the freezing and errors preventing saves, and townies randomly get sent to friend list without even meeting them!  Game play is awful and this game is not fun anymore!  It is repetitive and boring quickly!  I Regret Buying this Game!

Message 67 of 75 (662 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

5 years later and an update changed the vampiric run to only on lots and outside they walk or jog!  They won't fix that either!

Message 68 of 75 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888but you Do have to update even if you do not buy the pack and update has so many bugs and ruined the game with faces cross-eyed and sunken in, vampire run and werewolf run all messed up and only used on lots, not outside! Only with update did this happen! New wants and fears are repetitive and buggy, and townies spawn in friendship list without even meeting them?! ALL from UPDATES for new cash grabbing, buggy packs! You are Ruining this game and never will I buy another thing from money hungry cash grabbing EA!

Message 69 of 75 (651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Better than praising them for it

Message 70 of 75 (562 Views)