Re: Why does the Sims 4 suck so much?

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

★★ Pro

Am aware of that list.. @Bluebellflora I don't use any nsfw mods personally, nor do I list them. 

I merely think mods and cc help to customise the game. 

Also as mentioned, a few are easy to keep track of if they are new to them

Cheers. 

Message 31 of 75 (1,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@rename0654871I completely agree with you! Sims 4 is just a all about making money, and the game is sooo boring. I use to LOVE Sims 3, but I got a new Mac desktop  so the Sims 3 just keeps freezing on it. So I gave up on it. But I really find Sims 4 boring. It's too bad.

Message 32 of 75 (1,637 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Dequan_GambrellFor me, it's not the lack of content, it's the lack of functionality. But You're 100% right on this game being bad.

Message 33 of 75 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I played all Sims Games and for my I can say my favourite is sims4. In Vanilla its sometime boring, I don’t agree with all choice who the devs make (specially overuse for idle, pup-ups and that you don’t have a real autonomy off-mode). I only start playing sims4 after vampires, I’m occult player and I don’t like only realistic playstyle.

I am little annoyed from all the bugs, and the fixing tempo for these bugs (I look at you snowy escape lifestyles!)  But the game runs fine after years for me and I never lose a vanilla save a corruption. So, I gladly invest my money there. Sims 3 was okey, but I had to use mods for stability and remove things because the game force things on me (zodiac signs, attraction -system). In Sims4 I don’t need this, I can deactivate lifestyles, I can deactivate dust (toggle works half, I hate the sniffing so its okey for me) I can deactivate aging for farm animals (if it works)

Bonus points: The mod community from sims4 is so nice and helpful and modding is so easy there, all is there you just need to use it if you don’t like the vanilla game. (Sorry Console-User, I wish it was so simply as FO4&Skyrim) You can never satisfied all player, and I rather have a *Boring*-Game setting with choice as *Hardcore* Game setting with no choice. I think the new Callenge-System a nice and i dont have a problem if the devs this settings extended for more hardcore

For myself I play rather vanilla, as long a game is in development. I just can’t wait for mods update if new game content available. So, I have two Sims4Folder Modded and Vanilla. Most the time I don’t miss my mods but i play my vanilla game different. (No Livestyle, no Dust, No NAPS and no déco like)

Message 34 of 75 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issues with sims 4 are shocking, sims 3 was great, the way the set up was, the layout of worlds, tasks, the game was great, so why have the ruined sims 4 by changing camera angles, the skills, the layouts, its a joke.

I cannot use sims 3 correctly because for some reason my gaming pc plays sims 4 perfect, but now glitches with sims 3, in game.

I love sims 3, the way you can change colours of furniture etc, all the had to do was update it. basically add more to sims 3 because it was so good.  but instead, what a huge  let down and a waste of money.

Message 35 of 75 (1,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also, people cannot afford to buy everything like this now, I love it, but the prices are high to be fair.

I feel that sims 4 is a huge let down. You cant re colour things, at all, make your own spaces etc, what is with all of the crappy design colours too. all they had to do was upgrade sims 3, instead everything is backwards even the menus to play the actual game, its weird layout.

Message 36 of 75 (1,424 Views)

★ Guide

Alittle off Topic but: Showtime + Island Paradise + No Mods = Broken Sims 3 ime.

Back on topic: Sims 4 isn't meant to compete with Sims 3, nor improve upon it. It is a separate game, and comparing it to Sims 3 is unfair. Btw, there's an option to use Sims 3 Camera Controls in the Options menu if you preferred those controls. I for one, think Island Paradise Ruined Sims 3, because showtime slowed it down, but Island Paradise was like looking at a slideshow, I eventually had to resort to mods to get the Sims 3 running in a good order. Sims 4 learned from some of the mistakes the Sims 3 made, but not all of them (f.e. you don't (to the best of my knowledge) have outdoor dog houses, which shouldn't be a big deal to add))

Message 37 of 75 (1,420 Views)

@cherrybomb374  If you'd like to troubleshoot your Sims 3 issues, feel free to post in the Sims 3 PC tech section:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/the-sims-3

It would be helpful to include a dxdiag, since that's the first thing I'd ask for anyway.  Here's how to run one:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Sims 3 runs great on my computer, and that's true for many of us still playing.  That doesn't mean it can or will run well on your system, just that it's not necessarily a lost cause.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 75 (1,401 Views)

★ Guide

"Sims 3 runs great on my computer, and that's true for many of us still playing.  That doesn't mean it can or will run well on your system, just that it's not necessarily a lost cause."

Does mine too, but I have to use mods to make it work with any degree of performance. I mean, error trap is a godsend, i just wish it didn't have a dependency on a larger reaching mod.

Message 39 of 75 (1,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

I really do miss the quirks and challenge of the old games, but I love the newer building tools. It's just so sad that the joy of this game is gone after you are done playing with the new cas and building features. 
I am no longer buying expansions for this game. Which is new to me because I am the type of player that likes to have the whole collection of all my games. I just can't justify it this time. Too much is broke and the new isn't adding any depth. 
Sims 4 is little more than a mobile game. I don't care for mobile games. I don't care for console games and I expect a lot more from pc games. The PC version of Sims is supposed to have more content than the console. Its how it has always been. This game proves that the game industry has gotten lazy. They take from one type of player to give to another. It will never be as inclusive as they are trying to be. 

I am excited and impatient for Sims 5. I'm curious to see what changes and how the graphics look. At the same time I am realistic. Too many still buy everything Sims 4 puts out and because of this I fear the next game will lack just as much. I am hesitant to pre-order. Probably won't until I see others playing it. If the features of the past games doesn't return, the immersion, the funny animations, the details, then I'm afraid that The Sims as its die-hard fan base knows it is forever dead. 

Message 40 of 75 (1,147 Views)