Re: Why does the Sims 4 suck so much?

by Isparkle48

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As you can see here, I understand. There are a lot of areas where the game can improve to fit our realistic ideals but simply, the developers do not have the kind of time to come up with such stuff. Luckily for us, we have our custom content creators and modders! With the addition of mods, your interest in the game will maintain and not go away for a year only to come back for a week or two (guilty as charged). Here are some articles I wrote that lists mods that would increase the realism in your game as well as your interest!

1. Top 10 Sims 4 Romance Mods We Love
  2. Top 10 Best Traits for the Sims 4

(CM: edited to remove links to 3rd party downloads)

Message 21 of 75 (1,807 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 but why do we have to pay more money to get things that should've been in base game?? there's so many packs at this point and they're all mediocre. there's so many packs, in fact, that if you add up all the prices it comes out to be $700. may i remind you, we're not all rich, we just want to enjoy a game. and $700 for what? things that should've been in basegame? even if i bought all those packs my game would still lack gameplay and lots of other important features. recently i bought parenthood, toddlers, and university and it's nice and all but that's, what, around $70 for basic things that should have been in base game? people will tell me that if i'm so upset i should just find something else to play, but the thing is i really do enjoy the sims, i'm just frustrated by how much this money hungry company has ruined the game!! plus, there's very few other life simulator games out there for me to try out other than the sims. cant wait for paralives 👀

p.s: ea is a billion dollar company. i'm not taking "it would make the game unworkable" as an answer. they can do it, they just don't want to.
Message 22 of 75 (1,727 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Isparkle48 If you're not happy with this "garbage" game, then play something else. Nobody has spanked you on your hand and told you to play the game.
Message 23 of 75 (1,619 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@aobadsul @ lol why you necroing an ancient thread? 

Your haughty comments are lost in the ether,   they be long gone!

Message 24 of 75 (1,601 Views)

★★ Novice

You're honestly aggravating af my guy. I was trying to figure out the answer to a different problem and you locked the thread for being "old" despite the fact that a solution had never been found. How are people supposed to figure out why the F your system is rejecting perfectly acceptable names as "prohibited" for NO reason if you respond to inquiries by silencing them? Serious shoddy admining there, chap. 

Message 25 of 75 (1,578 Views)

★ Apprentice

I bought the ps4 version game thinking sims 4 was going to be an upgrade to the sims 2 and 3 and it isnt and did I ask you for your opnion? I merely expressed what I thought of this trash game and Im not the only one who complains of the lack of game play and everything else that sucks about this game cause its a FACT and you dont like it then tough poop for you...we pay money for these games and they are not what EA makes them out to be so we are getting ripped off

Message 26 of 75 (1,570 Views)

★ Apprentice

Facts are facts...EA doesent want to deal with these complaints that people are having then eventually people are going to stop buying this gamw...the sims 2 ps 2 version was better then this sims 4 ps 4 version...the sims themselves look great but the lack of game play in this sims 4 is so bad and they know it but dont want to do anything about it...they seem more catered to the builders instead of the game play of this game..

Message 27 of 75 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@StrKd13 Nice one there my friend; nice one
Message 28 of 75 (1,539 Views)

★★ Pro

Have to say, Mods Make It Happen, Customising your game to suit, could not play without them  Wink

Cheers, though.. If you only use a few it's not hard to keep them updated (I use 1000s of cc + mods) so more work, but still worth it... Coffee cup

Sasha

I have no connection to EA, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them:
Simsonic Weebly, Incorporating the Mod Tracker.

Simsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod TrackerSimsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod Tracker

Message 29 of 75 (1,533 Views)

@Sashas0nic

Not everyone is comfortable using 3rd party content in their game and not all mods/CC are suitable for the rating of the game.

We have a Hero curated list of game-fixing Mods here for those interested - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/9836185#...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 30 of 75 (1,509 Views)