Re: Why do we Have to download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

by AriaMad2

Original Post

Re: Im so disappointed that I cannot play Disc Univ because of this Legacy updat

★ Guide
@ashleemelson Unfortunately, the only way you'll be able to play any expansions released after Moschino would be to upgrade your computer so it fits the minimum requirements or buy a completely new one.

It's a shame, honestly. It must really suck and I feel so bad.
Message 31 of 55 (790 Views)

Re: Im so disappointed that I cannot play Disc Univ because of this Legacy updat

Champion

@ashleemelson , it happens. Think about the Windows OS users. Many of them would have preferred to remain on Windows XP or even Windows 7. But Microsoft had plans to move on. I, myself, didn't have a computer that could run Sims 3 when it first came out. I had a G5 PowerPC Mac that I adored and used for nearly 10 years until it died on me. I saved up the money and bought myself a new iMac (that I still use today) and was then able to join in playing Sims 3.

I understand you are disappointed. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 55 (776 Views)

cant find the sims 4 legacy add-on to download

★★★ Newbie

origin say the sims 4 legacy is in my library and connected to the original sims 4 as an add-on and i cant find it anywhere to download it.

Message 33 of 55 (778 Views)

Re: cant find the sims 4 legacy add-on to download

Champion (Retired)

@DoodleSis2 

Click the game in Origin then click Extra. Scroll down to the Legacy edition and install it.

Warning! Do not install this if you do not need to run the Legacy edition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 34 of 55 (767 Views)

Re: cant find the sims 4 legacy add-on to download

★★ Novice

Open Origin > go to 'game library' > right click on The Sims 4 > scroll down to 'extra content' > scroll all the way down, Legacy Edition should be at the bottom.

Message 35 of 55 (752 Views)

Why do we Have to download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

★★★★★ Newbie

My Question is WHY do we have to download the sims 4 legacy edition,I ask the question because I don't really want to download anything right now and I LOVE my cc and i don't want to lose it. Thank You

-Crystalsjems

Message 36 of 55 (853 Views)

Will I be able to download Packs after the sims 4 legacy edition?

★★★★★ Newbie

My question is Will I be able to download Packs after the sims 4 legacy edition?

I would like to know if I can because I would like to get one for my birthday, but thats next year.

-Crystalsjems

Message 37 of 55 (759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CrystalsjemsThe Sims team wouldn't have been able to keep improving the Sims 4 without dropping support for older computers. Therefore, they decided to bring in Legacy Edition as of last month for people with less modern computers so they can continue playing; for PC users this is anyone with 32 bit systems and for Mac users it's for computers that don't run Metal (basically anything before 2012).

If your computer doesn't fit these requirements, you unfortunately will have to download Legacy Edition. You can transfer your Sims 4 files into your Legacy Edition folder (yas, this includes CC!) by launching Legacy Edition after downloading it so it can generate a folder of user data in your Electronic Arts folder, then copy your data into the corresponding folders for Legacy Edition. When you next go into the game, everything should be present. 

Message 38 of 55 (840 Views)

Re: Will I be able to download Packs after the sims 4 legacy edition?

@Crystalsjems  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 general discussion section.

The Legacy Edition will run any packs that were released before November of this year.  So that includes everything except for Discover University; future packs won't run in the LE either.  You should have no trouble downloading and playing any other packs you buy.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 39 of 55 (739 Views)

Hero
@Crystalsjems Are you on PC or a Mac ? Are you sure you need it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 55 (784 Views)