Why do I feel disappointed in the Sims4?

by Marvel24690

Original Post

Why do I feel disappointed in the Sims4?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I feel like the wants and fears were missed opportunities for me. The wants and fears should be in all the packs that came before High School Years. You know the sims team and EA; the things that we want are not also what we get. For example, body hair. Body hair was a long wait request for a very long time. Like it took them 8 years just to get them. Now I feel disappointed with how body hair looks in CAS.  It just doesn't cover the whole body if you choose your sims to have chest hair or back hair. I mean it looks meh. I just can't describe it. Not only that, the base game update was a huge mess as well. At this point, I am used to this anyway and shouldn't be complaining but these issues keep recurring over and over again and I am like when do these sims team and EA will ever learn. 😟🤦🏾‍♀️😭👎🏾

Message 1 of 6 (352 Views)

Re: Why do I feel disappointed in the Sims4?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Marvel24690 , the Wants and Fears are updated for the base game, so everybody will have them even if they don't have any packs.  I'm not sure at this point as to what extent the other packs will have Wants and Fears related to them in particular, but since the Whims had been getting new pack updates until they stopped adding to the Whims system some time ago, there is a good chance that there will be at least some Wants and Fears that will pertain to all the old packs. 🤞

The reason why we didn't have Wants & Fears to begin with is because they were trying out the Whims system. They have tried to be a little different with each version of The Sims: The Sims 2 had Wants & Fears, The Sims 3 had Wishes, and The Sims 4 had Whims -- all of them similar but slightly different.   But Whims turned out to be not as satisfying as they thought they would be, so EA actually is trying to correct this by listening to players who mentioned wanting Wants and Fears. Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (328 Views)

★ Guide

SimGuruGeorge confirmed on Twitter that there are no wants and fears for previous packs. It's only base game and High School Years.

Message 3 of 6 (319 Views)

Champion

@frogcandles , thank you for that info!😎  I don't like Twitter and therefore only get SimGuru Tweets from other people, so I miss some of the Tweets they make. 😅

Message 4 of 6 (307 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Wow. That's crazy. You would think they would at least go back from the previous pack and put wants and fears in packs that came before HSY. I just wish it was for older packs instead of feature packs to come.😟

Message 5 of 6 (268 Views)

Champion

@Marvel24690 , to be honest, at some point in the past they had stopped updating the Whims with the new packs anyway, so, many of the packs never had Whims! Raised eyebrow .  However, some packs did have them, such as Seasons, where if it was spring, every Sim in your household would have a want for a Bee Box, even if they weren't Outdoorsy, or if they lived in an apartment! 😅

Message 6 of 6 (252 Views)