Accepted Solution

Why did my couch randomly set on fire

★★★ Novice

My couch sat on fire while my sim was watching a sitcom

Message 1 of 10 (965 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why did my couch randomly set on fire

Champion

@imurbestfrienddd , thank you for your information!😇   I tried to find this in the Bug Reports section of AHQ The Sims 4 | Forum | Bug Reports | EA Answers HQ, but I couldn't come up with anything like your situation. (Usually it is the fireplace or stove that causes things like this, or else the compost toilet😅  ) .  
Since I don't play on a console, I'm tagging our Console Hero @PoptartJuniper to see if someone better suited can help you! 🤞😊

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (882 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@imurbestfrienddd , was the couch next to a lit fireplace?  Or do you use any Mods in your game?

Message 2 of 10 (947 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I was using a default house,the one with a kitchen,a table near the TV a couch,and one bedroom with a dresser with a double bed,and I am unable to use mods as I am using xbox to play the sims 4

Message 3 of 10 (915 Views)

Champion

@imurbestfrienddd , thank you for your information!😇   I tried to find this in the Bug Reports section of AHQ The Sims 4 | Forum | Bug Reports | EA Answers HQ, but I couldn't come up with anything like your situation. (Usually it is the fireplace or stove that causes things like this, or else the compost toilet😅  ) .  
Since I don't play on a console, I'm tagging our Console Hero @PoptartJuniper to see if someone better suited can help you! 🤞😊

Message 4 of 10 (883 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@imurbestfrienddd The couch catching fire does sound very odd. 

Some things that cause fires are as @PugLove888 mentioned:

1. Fireplace (upgraded!)
  2. Compost Container on the Toilet
  3. Insect Farm with bombardier beetles
  4. Space Heaters
  5. Stoves
  6. Grills
  7. Cursed Lot (also cooking usually)
  8. Probably something I am forgetting offhand

Outside of the common things I am unsure. If it happens frequently, and none of the above mentioned items are on the lot, please make a bug report on the bug forums as @PugLove888 advised previously.

Message 5 of 10 (865 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I do not have any of these things so I have no idea why it would do that,but it was pretty funny watching my sim die just by watching tv XD
Message 6 of 10 (831 Views)

★ Guide
@imurbestfrienddd Do you have the Bust the Dust kit? If so, you may have had a Filth Fiend spontaneously combust close enough to the couch to set it on fire.
Message 7 of 10 (819 Views)

Champion

@TygerNight , good point! 💡 I totally forgot about that! 😮 Right now I don't have any Sims that want a filthy home , and ever since they adjusted the dust frequency I haven't had any Filth Fiends, thank goodness, so I didn't even think about them!!  I was fortunate enough before they fixed the dust frequency to not have had the Filth Fiends spontaneously combust! 😅

Message 8 of 10 (785 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TygerNight I honestly have NO idea what a Bust the Dust kit is.
Message 9 of 10 (772 Views)

★★ Guide
@imurbestfrienddd Sorry you had to deal with something like that, it have been a lot of strange things that happen in the sims game with no answers to why it happen, it's crazy.
Message 10 of 10 (763 Views)