Why can't i access my games from different devices when using the same account?

by makisimi

Original Post

Why can't i access my games from different devices when using the same account?

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to use my sim 4 game on a different computer than i'd usually use and for some reason it won't allow to use it and tells me I'll have to purchase the game. I don't have a disk since i purchased it online so the only way I can access it is through my account and i'm not sure what to do. 

Message 1 of 3 (445 Views)

Re: Why can't i access my games from different devices when using the same accou

[ Edited ]
Champion

@makisimi It's my understanding that you can install your "The Sims 4" game onto more that one computer, but that you need to do so through the same Origin account and you can only log into the Origin account and game on one computer at the same time. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 3 (413 Views)

Re: Why can't i access my games from different devices when using the same accou

★★ Apprentice

Not only what SheriGR already mentioned, but also your saved games don't save to a cloud to be easily accessed by any computer. They save to the computer you're on, and if you want to play a specific save file on a different computer that has Sims 4 installed, you need to copy your game data over to a thumb drive so you can load it into the other computer's game files. 

Message 3 of 3 (371 Views)