Re: Why are you showing Batuu is required to use other packs in Sims 4?

by HiddenTidess

Original Post

Why are you showing Batuu is required to use other packs in Sims 4?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

In the current state of Origin, I and many other simmers are seeing that when trying to purchase a pack, you are showing that in order to play the pack/game, you need to also purchase Star Wars: Journey to Batuu game pack. After this failed launch, trying to push in this direction only makes the team come off of as manipulative to the community. This has been happening for 2 weeks, none of the gurus, EA Help, etc have answered at all, they are only answer FIFA and Madden players on their twitter help pages. This is not something that can be put off, this needs to be fixed and told to ALL players. Not just one person in a tweet behind closed doors.

Video on this issue with proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1VPgCAG0g

Message 3 of 18 (2,068 Views)

EA lies to trick sims players into buying unnecessary DLC

★ Guide

Sims 4 Journey to Battu DLC for the sims being misleadingly marketed to players by origin as necessary to use other dlc sims packs. Which it is not. For sims players who are long term and active in the fan community this is infuriating and unpleasant, but for players who are more casual, or new, they would have no idea why they are being told that a Star Wars themed DLC pack is necessary to get a knitting themed DLC pack to work. They could easily be swindled into buying something they don't want.

I was actually planning on buying the Star Wars pack before this happened. But now I don't think I will buy a Sims DLC ever again because I just find this so offensive and greedy. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,709 Views)

EA lies about journey to batuu being "required" to use nifty knitting

★ Guide

EA is now lying to Sims players to trick them into buying journey to batuu. When you try to buy a different sims DLC a pop up will appear saying "Missing something? JTB required"

Message 2 of 18 (1,999 Views)

★ Guide

Same in my game!

Message 4 of 18 (2,044 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @HiddenTidess

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll send this up for a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 18 (1,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Kent This should be fixed immidiately. I know it might not be that easy but also you know how many people will unwillingly buy Journey to Batuu because they will think it's required to play My First Pet Stuff? I think you should offer refunds to anyone demaning them 'cause this is a flat out lie. 

Message 6 of 18 (1,701 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just went to check and it's still happening. It's one thing to suggest the pack, but it is say it is "required" for one to be able to play with MFP and it's clearly not. It should be fixed asap 

Message 7 of 18 (1,685 Views)

Journey to Batuu Scam

★★ Apprentice

Why are you scamming players EA?  Why are you telling players that Journey to Batuu is required for My First Pet Stuff?  ITS NOT.  Stop trying to scam people into buying packs they don’t want, it’s wrong and it’s illegal.  Fix it, NOW.

Message 8 of 18 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Each hour there is no response, the more people are convinced they are not able to access content in the game without Batuu, we need a statement faster than what EA is giving. This is false advertisement and the gurus are continuously ignoring over on social media.
Message 9 of 18 (1,413 Views)

★★★ Novice

The gurus have nothing to do with origin.

Message 10 of 18 (1,333 Views)