Re: Why are some of the perks in the rewards store shown as unavailable?

by Marinuttonen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why are some of the perks in the rewards store shown as unavailable?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires Stuff Packs: Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open game, click on aspiration, go to rewards store, and go to any perk except for potions
What happens when the bug occurs? When I hover over the purchase button to get any perk except for potions and custom perks a message comes up saying that my sim already has that perk or the perk is unavailable
What do you expect to see? All the perks that I can afford available to my sim, not just potions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I disable custom content, the issue is resolved. I want to find which particular piece of custom content or mod is the source of the issue, but I want to see if there is any feedback as to the best approach to this process. This problem didn't occur until recently, so I wonder if it is due to a piece of now broken cc, an outdated mod, or something else altogether. If anyone has had a similar issue with cc, I could really use your advice!!

Message 1 of 11 (2,073 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Ellaven1103 Hi!  The most common way to find mods causing problems is the 50/50 method.  Basically, you would test half of your mods to see if there is an issue.  Whichever half causes the issue, test half of those and continue that process until you find the offending mod.  A few people have suggested programs like The Sims 4 Tray Importer or the Sims 4 Mod Conflict Detector but I haven't used them so I can't speak to their effectiveness.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (2,038 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

This is going to have to be a mod, meshes and textures (cc) don't generally mess with the game code all that much.

Search your mods folder for any mods that do things like unlock the reward traits in cas or make new reward traits altogether. Those are likely the culprit.

Message 2 of 11 (2,041 Views)

Champion

@Ellaven1103 Hi!  The most common way to find mods causing problems is the 50/50 method.  Basically, you would test half of your mods to see if there is an issue.  Whichever half causes the issue, test half of those and continue that process until you find the offending mod.  A few people have suggested programs like The Sims 4 Tray Importer or the Sims 4 Mod Conflict Detector but I haven't used them so I can't speak to their effectiveness.

Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 11 (2,039 Views)

★★ Novice
@Marinuttonen I believe the Wonderful Whims mod adds some custom reward traits that might be the problem. Thank you for the feedback!
Message 4 of 11 (2,018 Views)

★★ Novice
@JonaO703 Yes! I was just thinking that this might be the best approach. I have The Sims 4 Tray Importer, but I haven’t used the program all that much. Thank you for the suggestion!
Message 5 of 11 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Ellaven1103

AFAIK, the Conflict detector broke years ago and hasn't been updated since. Something like 6 years ago? I'm amazed it's even still used.

I know Wonderful Whims is good. I highly doubt that's the problem. (As long as its updated!)

I would still take @JonaO703 's suggestion and do a 50/50 though. That's the best way to find the problem.

Message 6 of 11 (2,003 Views)

★★ Novice
@JonaO703 The 50/50 method seemed to do the trick. The problem ended up being some custom reward traits.
Message 7 of 11 (1,962 Views)

Champion

Hey @Ellaven1103 !  So glad that worked for you Standard smile

Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 11 (1,949 Views)

★★ Novice
@JonaO7😀
Message 9 of 11 (1,921 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have mods, but my rewards store is now doing the same thing.

Message 10 of 11 (1,070 Views)