Why are pets not playable

by gamecritteryt

Original Post

Why are pets not playable

★★★ Newbie

Why are pets in the new sims 4 expansion not playable? 

Message 1 of 4 (648 Views)

Re: Why are pets not playable

Hero

Hi @gamecritteryt

it was a decision the devs made. Not sure if they ever stated the reason.

There's a mod with which you can make them playable. Just google.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (627 Views)

Champion (Retired)
If you get it make sure you read the limitations it has like with dogs. Dogs have 7 needs but the UI only supports showing 6 so one of them (usually bath) never shows.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 4 (622 Views)

Champion

@gamecritterytand @crinrict , I heard that the developers decided to make the pets in The Sims 4 not be controllable because they wanted the gameplay to reflect our real-life experiences with pets.  In real life, pets are always a bit of a mystery in what they are thinking and what they will do next. Wink  The developers wanted that in the game as well.  While I would have preferred to be able to play as the pet because it is more immersive Frown , most Simmers wanted a more true-to-life experience Raised eyebrow .  

@jpkarlsen, thanks for the info! Standard smile  I've never thought of dogs in TS4 needing baths as the 7th Need! Interesting! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (602 Views)