Re: Why are my bills so cheap?

by Psychotps

Original Post

Why are my bills so cheap?

★ Guide

No mods and EVERY household except for apartments only have to pay $300 simoleons for their bills it's disturbing and annoying ever since getting Eco Lifestyle

Message 1 of 9 (1,210 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert
@Trimoth Lol. It's a bug. Just enjoy it while you can until they fix it!
Message 2 of 9 (1,187 Views)

★ Guide

They just released a patch?! 

Message 3 of 9 (1,165 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Trimoth Ha. Just because they released a patch doesn't mean they fixed everything. The game has thousands upon thousands of bugs. There are bugs in the game that have been there since it was first released. Years. Noone knows why they choose to fix a few bugs here and a few bugs there and leave some in the game for years on end.

Just hope they decide to fix this one.
Message 4 of 9 (1,107 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Trimoth Is this a bug or by design? I think the 300 simoleons is for tax and utilities? They all get the same tax and larger houses will have a higher utility rate unless you make an effort to reduce power/water usage or install renewable sources.

To be honest, with the old system it never made much sense to me if my Sim paid 100,000 simoleons for a house why should she still have to pay such a large rent every week? Was she buying the house for 100,000 simoleons or was she renting it? For me it now it feels more like she bought it.

Message 5 of 9 (1,081 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RandomBuzziness I agree with you there. It never did make much sense before. If I put in a money vault in my house, my utility bills would be like 1000 simoleons. But if I put in $1M in it, suddenly I have to pay 50,000 simoleons?

I think the main problem people have with it now is the bills before were one of the only things the sims had to spend money on regularly to make it even the tiniest bit challenging. Now that's gone.

I suppose there's still things like maids... but that's not much.
Message 6 of 9 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Guide

this is the bug report for the taxes:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lot-taxes-seem-too-low/m-p/9171466#M133665

please click me too and give XP 

Message 7 of 9 (1,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I'm not sure money has ever been a significant challenge in this game anyway. You either get good at earning income, whether it's through a career or a hobby like painting, writing, gardening, or you really don't do anything but avoid all activities. For example, if you like to paint then it's either get really good at it and create 10k simoleon masterpieces or you stop painting. There is almost no avoiding having too much money in this game. If my Sim is wealthy enough to buy a 150k simoleon house then a "rent" of 2500 or even 5000 simoleons a week is not much more of a challenge than paying 300 simoleons a week in taxes.

If having too much money without enough ways to spend it becomes a challenge I can think of a couple of ways to make the game harder. One is to set a goal of donating X simoleons a week to an on-line charity. Just pick an amount as your goal and click on your computer and donate. I don't think there is a limit on how many times you can do this.

donate.JPG

A second way is to pick whatever Sim you want and give them large gifts of simoleons. Call them a landlord, charity organizer, local entrepreneur, crazy uncle, whatever you want. You can give cash gifts up to 10k simoleons and there is no limit on how often you can do this. Under the "Friendly" interaction choose "Give gift" then "Simoleons" and choose an amount and poof watch your simoleons disappear! In a test it took me about 30 seconds to spend 80k simoleons before I ran out.

landlord.JPG

landlord2.JPG

landlord3.JPG

"Here's 10,000 simoleons, buddy. Now go buy some new pants you look ridiculous."

These types of things are the only way I can think of to make money a real challenge in this game because even if they went back to the old system it's still pretty easy to pay rent. Personally I am fine if they change it back or if they leave it like it is now.

@EmeraldLaura I read through the bug report & I can see that this is important to you so sure thing I will Me Too it :D

Message 8 of 9 (983 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RandomBuzziness Well, you're right about that too. Money is far too easy to come by.

Lol. One of the things I do, is if one of my sims marries the brother/sister/daughter/son of an existing household, when in the transfer sims screen to move my new spouse to my household, I always transfer a pile of $ over to the leftover household, kinda like a dowry.

I'm not buying my spouse! Honest! Lol.
Message 9 of 9 (960 Views)