Re: Why are all of my Sims CONSTANTLY being rude?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why are all of my Sims CONSTANTLY being rude?

★ Apprentice

Disclaimer, I have mods, such as Meaningful Stories and Slice of Life, so if they’re causing it I can just uninstall them.

But basically, my Sim who is at university autonomously does rude interactions. I’ll queue her up to do typically friendship building things, but the second she gets to choose something herself it’s always “insult “yell at” and soon they’ll be in a full on brawl. Her traits are outgoing, genius, and cheerful so it doesn’t make sense that she does this. Because of it, she’s enemies with like 6 Sims and can’t hold a friendship longer than a few Sim hours. It’s so frustrating so I’m turning to the community to see if they have any ideas? If you experienced this and it was a mod, please let me know so I can remove it!

Message 1 of 19 (78,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Locking this thread as it's a bit oldish and there's a current thread here.

Please post here if you have issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-autonomously-do-mean-interactions-for-no-reas...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (71,821 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't experienced that, but while I was playing one household my sim from another household who has a pristine reputation, friend of the world, and has never had a bad word to say to or about anyone, came around and picked a fight with her boyfriend's wife. She was really angry and I couldn't get her to calm down and it was completely out of character for her - the autonomous behaviour was all wrong.

Imo we need to be able to switch off negative interactions for certain sims - I'm tired of social menus full of "complain about" stuff for a sim who never complains, and when you're playing a different household your other sims should autonomously behave as they did when you were playing them.

Message 2 of 19 (78,861 Views)

★★ Guide

Crazy stuff have happen in my game also, rude sims who are normally nice.

I had one sim who would often showed up at his daughter house upset for no reason and another one show up at his twin sons house upset often for no reason and one of my sims got beat-up for no reason while at college.

I've had other crazy stuff happen that I don't understand with other sims getting upset for no reason and when I would go to their house to check on my sim they would be happy but once I stopped playing with them then they would start being upset and come find the sims I'm playing with and go off. I had no clue if it's a bug they put in the game.

Message 3 of 19 (78,850 Views)

★★★ Guide

You can use mcc to remove autonomous rude interactions (and any others that you might not like, such as mischievous, flirting etc). I don't use the meaningful stories or slice of life mods, so I am not sure how they affect this though.  

Message 4 of 19 (78,838 Views)

★★ Guide
@ValFreya13 I made a post about mine last year what I was dealing with in my game and some of the traits started missing too which seem to cause some of the issues but other crazy stuff was happening in my game that have nothing to do with mods. The only thing I have ever installed in my sims 4 game was make-up and CC's t-shirts for my sims I made using sims t-shirts from the game to create mine own. Sims walking around upset all the times seem like a bug they put into the game or maybe they are testing the game out for something else who know. I removed my old save game and started a new one and didn't have those issues but a small amount of rude and upset sims after asking if they could come over and visit. Now if it was sims 2 or sims 3 I would understand because I did install a lot of mods and cc's but never in the sims 4. I know someone told me my sims was acting like that in the sims 4 because of the make-up CC's I installed but after removing the CC's still the same thing.
Message 5 of 19 (78,811 Views)

★★★ Guide
@LonaBoom I am not sure how make-up cc, which is a cosmetic, could affect coded interactions. That is something only script mods should be able to do. But it is odd. Sims with any levels in mischief will do mischievous actions autonomously and mean sims will, obviously, act mean. Playful sims will also act out more as well, and that might rub others the wrong way. I think if sims interact with other sims with those characteristics, it might also affect how they behave in those situations - so they will also be mean to those sims. It just happens way too often sometimes. Even with NPCs. It is funny sometimes (like when 2 npcs started fighting over the same guy), but after a while, you just want your sims to have a pleasant night at the bar!
Message 6 of 19 (78,797 Views)

★ Apprentice

I made big mistake last night.   I had the brother of Minime marrry a girl he recently.   He was quietly sad and lovelorn.

I tried for a soap opera based on the reactions of the chatters. He became a Father. But oddly, when

his wife tried to tell her big news- they got into a fistfight.  But was happy when he heard the news.

As soon as she gave birth- they spent a few nights in Ted with the toddler the. Ignored her  Mini me was the one who tried to pretty much raise the child. She also tried to get her siblings a d jacobs wife to notice the child.

Little girl started to act out to get attention. Meanwhile one of her sisters was seducing the wife. Also became very mean.

The third sister took the child downtown. Girl fled and Aunt returned alone and happy.   
      Basically - Minime got her. The  rest of the family thought a missing grade school girl  was funny and nothing to be upset about.   It went downhill from there.

I am trying again to redo it and no soap opera.  I actually want to delete wife- Can I di it without him noticing

Message 7 of 19 (78,677 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@hoxharding 

You have the Brawling Encouraged NAP enacted. I suggest that you repeal it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 19 (78,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This comes from Slice of Life I do believe. Click on the mean sim and select SOL. Click on settings. Then click on "Prevent/Remove Toxicness." 

I had a wonderful loving couple, but after their third kid, the husband started being so mean. Finally, after a long time of taking the verbal abuse, his wife got a moodlet about him being toxic. I changed these settings for the both of them (her just in case) and he hasn't done this again so far.

Message 9 of 19 (77,040 Views)

★★★★ Expert

If you have Have Some Personality Please, that also allows autonomous mean interactions. If not, yeah, it's probably SOL.

Message 10 of 19 (77,034 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help