Re: Which expansion pack is the most worth getting

by PugLove888

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, @elulu8 I have a lot of faves, and have all bar one pack.. one thing I do like to do is watch a few videos though, such as from Carls Sims Guide, James Turner and Pixelade as they all do awesome "walk-throughs", so if I had to choose between packs, I'd watch these for sure, and also check the in-game preview of the content that I preferred (James Turner also does 'build/buy' previews) Standard smile

There's one as an example, but go with what you know you'll use most/get the most out of imo Thumbs up

Cheers, Sasha Coffee cup

I have no connection to EA, an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them

Simsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod TrackerSimsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod Tracker

Message 21 of 53 (803 Views)

Champion

@elulu8, I'm so glad you are enjoying Cats & Dogs !  CatDogParty hat  And I'm glad you got some extra money and that City Living was on sale! 

To answer your question, the pack that came with friend groups was most likely the Get Together EP!  It has a powerful Club system!  I use the Garden Gnomes Club to tend my garden for free all the while earing club points while they are doing it! Cool  You can make your own clubs as well.  There is also the possibility that the YouTube video you saw was the Discover University EP which has Organizations , but those will just be during the time your Sim is at university. Wink 

I'm not sure if in Get to Work you can build on Sixam, since I have never tried to do so.  Normally, you are only on Sixam during the work day (when traveling there is one of your daily tasks), so the time spent there is limited.  But I have visited outside of work when my Scientist Sim has made a Wormhole Generator, and upgraded it and then cloned it so they could use the cloned one on their home lot! (You clone items with an object cloner that you make as a Scientist!) .  When traveling to Sixam from home, I was able to stay there longer than while at work!  I never tried building there , but you might be able to build there if you use the Free Build cheat! Thinking  

Bring up the cheat box Ctrl + Shift +
In the box type testingcheats true and hit Enter

Then type bb.enablefreebuild and hit Enter
This might allow you to build on Sixam.  I know it allows you to build in university dorms and on with Realm of Magic it allows you to build in the Magic Realm! 

Please update us on what you think about City Living, and about any other packs you get! Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 53 (776 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 I haven't gotten the expansion packs yet but i think i will get dine out and city living.

I was just wondering if you could build a restaurant in ‎San Myshuno, and if you could build a restaurant inside of an apartment building.

Im thinking that for building a restaurant it will be the same as building a vet clinic (My previous question about building a vet clinic)

I checked out a couple videos and they looked amazing I can't wait to play with city living!
Message 23 of 53 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@elulu8 Hi, I think that this is a good choice. Personally my favourite expansion pack would have to be Cats and dogs seeing as you already have it my vote is:
1) City living
2) Get together
3) Seasons

I also really enjoy dine out (I don't actually own Seasons I just got to play it on my friend computer and it was amazing, Im thinking about getting it)

I hope you enjoy City living and Dine out!

Happy Simming!
Message 24 of 53 (732 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Elmo_Kracken Thanks for your answer, I think in a bit of time (or the next sale) I will get Get Together. I also have a question concerning the sale. I saw a thing say ing that the sale lasted until june 18th and i searched it up and it said it lasted till June 20th. Could someone please confirm when it ends.

Thanks
Message 25 of 53 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@elulu8 Hi,
the sims 4 sale ends on the 18th, I don't know why it would say the 20th other than it was a sale from another year and your search wasn't specific enough.

Thats great that you are thinking of getting Get Together, I absolutely love it because of the club system and because it adds a new world Widenburg that contains 4 neighborhoods The Island, Countryside, Modern District and Old Town District (In my opinion the best thing about it is the world). It also adds amazing group activities like super-secret dance parties and midnight bonfires and it is really easy to meet other people and socialize. There are also tons of lots to build restaurants vet clinics and more.

Happy Simming!
Message 26 of 53 (710 Views)

Champion

@elulu8 I've never played in an apartment, but I played in the penthouses and made one into a restaurant just fine. There is also one house, The Old Salt House, on the waterfront that is a fantastic lot to play (Fishing right behind the house, festivals and booths right across the street, and a great view and location). I played a family for a long time there that built and ran a restaurant on the lot next to it. Have fun!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 27 of 53 (709 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here are some pics

Message 28 of 53 (701 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Elmo_Kracken, @SheriGR

Thanks for answering my questions, Im planning on buying them on sunday or monday and watch gameplay videos about dine out.

Thanks for the Get Together advise and the pics, the world look so large and amazing. I hope theres another sale soon, I would buy it now but I want to be able to play City Living for a bit first.

Also I think that adding a restaurant to an apartment will be so fun and it will be so much easier to get food (rather than cooking it, though that skill is definitely useful) also I could get a job there and work at my apartment building.

I've seen apartment buildings with one and two floors and was just wondering if you can add floors to them. I have also been looking at the furniture that you can get and it looks amazing.

Thanks to everyone who has helped!
Message 29 of 53 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@elulu8  I have gone in and checked and the Lot Type on the penthouses and house in San Myshuno can be changed to a restaurant, but there is no option to change the Lot Type on an apartment... so you would not be able to make the apartments into restaurants. I should also mention, though, that there are additional business lots that you could change lot type on if you want to make any of them into a restaurant.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 30 of 53 (685 Views)