I've been looking for the photography career in the purchase section but I can't find it. I was not able to finish the ASOS event. Can I still unlock the career?
Yes, but you need to get the photography heirloom. You can get it randomly in the purchase heirlooms tab screen or randomly from retiring a sim.
May 2018 - last edited May 2018
It's random. It has the same chance as any of the rare trait heirlooms.
There are 3 rarity levels
common - one star -
uncommon - two star - silver
rare - three star - gold, plus the hobby and career traits (piano, photography, etc)
I don't know what the percentage chances are but they seem to be similar to Izzy's where you have a 60% chance at common, 30% chance at uncommon and 10% chance at rare.
Once you've received an heirloom, it is no longer offered so your chances at rare increases as you get more and more of the uncommon and common ones.
They have also, on occasion, included the hobby and career heirlooms in purchasable packs.
Thanks. I guess it's like the piano hobby in that an heirloom is required..
That is correct. piano hobby and photography career both require heirlooms. You can get it by retirement or if you are lucky you might find it in the store.
Piano has been offered for sale as part of a package before, that is how I got it.