Re: Where do i get umbrellas in sims 4?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Where do i get umbrellas in sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

I'm so confused.  People on YouTube have Umbrella Stands but I can't find it.  Someone help!!

Message 1 of 9 (97,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If you have the Seasons EP then it should be in build mode (If you haven't got Seasons then you won't have umbrellas). If you do have Seasons then try going into build mode then putting in the search bar umbrella or something like that.

Message 2 of 9 (97,893 Views)

Champion

@ForiverSimmer, in addition to what @annalw2000 said, you can look for objects by room and select either the kitchen or the dinning room and then click on the bowl of fruit labeled Misc. Decorations (I know it is odd! Large smile ) and then scroll down until you find the umbrella stand. Standard smile  The bowl of fruit in the kitchen is on the counter and the bowl of fruit in the dinning room is on the dinning table.

Once you place your umbrella stand where you want it (probably not in the kitchen or the dinning room! Angel)  you can have each sim individually choose their umbrella by clicking on the stand.  And if you decide to go with another style of umbrella, you can do that on the stand as well! 

If you ever need to find items in a new pack easily, I usually go into build mode and use the filter on the right hand side above the pictures of the items you choose from.  It says filter items and has a little triangle next to it.  If you click on the triangle you can then choose different ways to filter your selections .  In this case you can click on "Packs" and scroll down to the pack you want to concentrate on (like Seasons) and then you will only see items from the pack(s) you select.  This helps to find new items that can get lost in a large menu of older objects! Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 9 (97,882 Views)

★ Novice

How strange but useful tip, thanks

Message 4 of 9 (80,070 Views)

★★ Novice

cant do that if you live in a dorm

Message 5 of 9 (30,039 Views)

★ Novice

I know I'm probably late for this but you can use the cheat bb.enablefreebuild to edit dorms 🙏

Message 6 of 9 (28,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ForiverSimmer In addition to the location directions @PugLove888 gave you, I've always found the umbrella by going to Appliances > Misc. It's right next to the thermostat. (As mentioned, only if you have Seasons EP.) How weird is that???

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 9 (28,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@ForiverSimmerThe problem is that on the whims it calls it an umbrella stand, but in shop it is called an umbrella rack. And yes you do have to own seasons as well.

Message 8 of 9 (22,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@ForiverSimmer 

Just hit F2 to go to buy mode then type in "umbr" in the search box. It's called something like "Umbri umbrella stand" or something. You'll find it right away.

There are quite a few things you can only find by searching that way. Yet another bug in the game.

Message 9 of 9 (22,236 Views)