When will we get a height adjuster for sims 4?

by jerree2004

Original Post

When will we get a height adjuster for sims 4?

★ Novice

I am 4'10 and almost 30. I want my sim to reflect that. The sims series has been around since the early 2000's. How have they not added this feature by now?

Message 1 of 13 (861 Views)

Re: When will we get a height adjuster for sims 4?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jerree2004

If you really want this there are mods that do things like this. But they will look weird sometimes when the sims interact with each other.

I think this would be really cool to add, but I understand that it's not very simple. It's simple enough to change the ratio of their size, but the hard thing would be in the animations for interactions,  as the sims to a lot of things together. I play some games with height adjuster, but those games don't really have characters interact more than talking..

The easiest thing for the The Sims Team would probably be to have like, three standard lengths (ex short, average, tall). Not perfect, but at least better than now. But they would still need to do animations for all three heights, which is an enormous amount of work and will probably never be implemented in The Sims 4. But by getting your voice heard there's a bigger chance that they'll try to work on this for a future The Sims game.

(I've no idea what 4'10 is, but I'm is taller than like 85 % of the worlds (75% in my country) female population, to speak in international terms, so even if you might be short and not tall (?), I understand your struggle)

Message 2 of 13 (845 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CMeki

4'10 is about 148cm so absolutely not tall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 13 (836 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jpkarlsen

That's what I thought, too lazy to google though Wink

Message 4 of 13 (829 Views)

Champion

@jerree2004, you have the same problem I have!  I am also 4 ft 10 in . Standard smile I was 4ft 10 1/2 but had to be on Prednisone for a long time, which gave me osteoporosis before I was  even 40 years old , and so I shrank a half inch!  Teeth bared  I was short when I stopped growing at 12 years old, so I'm really short as an adult! Angel

Yes, I would  love to have different sizes of Teen and Adult Sims.  But as @CMeki explained, this would require a lot of work to implement! I was also going to state that the easiest way to do this is not by a slider, but by having 3 fixed heights, which is also what CMeki mentioned! Large smile

But who knows?  In TS1 all the Sims were the same weight and they changed that, so maybe they will one day change the heights for our Sims as well!  I just would only expect this kind of game in a future version of the Sims, like TS5 or beyond.  They wouldn't make such a difficult and drastic change partway through the game. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 13 (813 Views)

★★ Expert
i would love to see this happen, too. i'm short, and some of my Sims are supposed to be, as well. =)
so maybe someday we'll get to choose from, say, those 3 fixed heights for teen Sims and older.
Message 6 of 13 (765 Views)

Champion

Most of the people here who answered on this thread are either really tall or really short! Heart   Normal sized people have no idea what either extreme has to go through.  One of my best friends in high school who was really tall had to wear ugly shoes because they were the only ones that fit her properly. Devil This was before Amazon, so she couldn't just go online and buy a pair that way.  

But I'm sure there are quite a bit of average height people who would like different sized Sims, at least for realism and variety.  Wink

Message 7 of 13 (756 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm not so sure it will be a good idea. We already have trouble telling Teens and Adults apart. With this proposal we would also have trouble telling kids and adults apart and unless there were created new clothes small adults would need to wear kids clothes. And if they did make new clothes you could then have kids in adult clothes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 13 (749 Views)

★★ Expert
@PugLove888, it'd certainly add variety to the game. btw, i'm using the curly hair added with the last patch, and while i really like it, it makes my Sim tower over everybody else. haha! and *she* is supposed to be the "short" one in my story.

@jpkarlsen, i suppose it's just as complicated as you explained. just wishful thinking. Wink
Message 9 of 13 (739 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jpkarlsen, I see the problem you are talking about. Thinking  It is just that if you combine all the really tall people with all the really short people, that is a whole lot of people who aren't represented.  Disappointed   I have heard of other games having this feature, but since I don't play them, I don't know how they differ from The Sims 4.  Wondering  Also, since EA overcame the problems of having different weights of Sims in the game, I would think that this would be a similar problem (but I guess it is not. Devil )  Even if they can't manage to do this, I at least want EA to attempt to do it, if they haven't already! Standard smile

@unseenlarks, I noticed how tall that hairstyle made my Sims!  Now if I want to make a taller woman, this will be my go-to hair for her! Heart

Message 10 of 13 (727 Views)