Re: When will EA give players more privacy protection in the game?

by SimQARobo

Original Post

When will EA give players more privacy protection in the game?

★★★★★ Novice

Hoping for more privacy game controls such as ACCEPT/DECLINE option for followers. We had that in Sims3. I have almost 60 anonymous followers, I can't block them or anything. I don't like that!

And a disable all player comments button, I've met alot of bad players in the Gallery and I would like more control, especially since they like to leave alot of negative comments.

Would EA consider making the game safer??

Message 1 of 5 (548 Views)

Well, the gallery isn't like social media, it's kind of a portfolio of your builds. So there isn't a need for a "friend" system with an accept and decline button.

You can always report a player/comment and delete the negative comment. For you profile page you can disable the comments with your Origin settings. You can do this with the 'who can see my profile' option.
The gallery is of course restricted with an age limit, so children can't access the gallery.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ahhh, but the Gallery is a 'hangout'.  It's not a portfolio at all! There is no player that sees it like that. They see the Gallery as a Creative Website for Elite Original Creators. 

In the beginning, I saw the Gallery as a tool to enhance my game play. I quickly discovered it is not,  from this group of Elite creators.

And the Accept/Decline button is for stalker/followers who watch what u upload and who is commenting to you. THAT is much needed.!!!

And I HAVE closed my profile, deleted negative comments, reported the same players over and over and over and over.

And the game is not restricted and children DO access the gallery and play the game.

There is a problem in the Gallery with a group of players. I NEED the ability to decline followers. EA needs to reduce multiple warnings before permanent banning to 2. No multiple warnings. If the player doesn't stop harassing a player after 2 warnings, there should be no 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,8th,10th time! 

Anyway, it will never change. That's the sad part. That group, that network of bad "stop stealing" players will always be there. Sad.

Message 3 of 5 (437 Views)

Hero

Children should generally not have access to the gallery unless the parents set up the account so they are older than 14,

The gallery is only accessible for full accounts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (428 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @PurplePuffster

Your feedback has been noted.

I just want to add though, that there is extra control over Gallery comments through your Origin privacy settings.

Blocking someone in Origin will prevent them from commenting on your Gallery uploads and your Gallery Profile.  To block someone through Origin, go to the Origin menu > EA Account and Billing > Privacy Settings > Origin Blocked Users List, add the user’s name to the "Block a User" field, and click "Block".  (There currently is no way to prevent all users from commenting on your Gallery uploads; you will need to block them individually.)

Also, if you want to restrict users from commenting on your Gallery Profile, you can set your Origin Privacy to a more-private setting.  To do this, go to the Origin menu > EA Account and Billing > Privacy Settings > "Who can see my profile", and set that to who you want to be able to both view and post comments on your Gallery Profile.

Note that when making changes to Origin privacy settings, it may take several minutes for the change to take effect.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (414 Views)