Re: When adding walls, objects are deleted along the walls.

by Tibbinova

Original Post

When adding walls, objects are deleted along the walls.

★ Apprentice

I don't know if its a bug or a mod. I'm thinking it might be the better builder mod. I made a house. I did the outside first. Now i'm working on the inside. When ever I add walls inside the house. When I close the room, it deletes stuff along the walls. The stuff it deletes is nowhere near this room. I hate this bug.

Message 1 of 7 (1,689 Views)

★ Apprentice

See Pictures.

Message 2 of 7 (1,676 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Are you using MOO?

This happens to me when the cheat is activated, or I've placed something using the cheat.

Message 3 of 7 (1,673 Views)

★ Apprentice

Note, I removed the mods folder. Restarted the save and tried to add a wall... It is still deleting everything along the walls. So its not mods. This bug sucks, and is a huge time suck! I'm going to have to take a screen shot of my house so I can try and remake it the way I had it. I can't save the room because its a open floor plan.

Message 4 of 7 (1,667 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Coley666 When I started the game without mods, I had cheats turned off. So I think its some weird update EA did. I just hope they fix it.
Message 5 of 7 (1,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Found a work around. Use the square tool to fill in the space. That does not delete surrounding objects. Then remove parts of the wall you don't need. If anyone else having this issue. I wish EA devs would say something about it.

No work around, that puts a hole in the ground and can't add the floor back to the right level. This sucks.

Message 6 of 7 (1,642 Views)

★ Expert
@Tibbinova Usually when I have this problem, if I use the move object cheat whilst placing the walls, it doesn't delete the objects and then I can just turn it off afterwards if necessary
Message 7 of 7 (1,578 Views)