Re: When Outdoor Retreat says "Creepy Insects" Do they mean...

by LeissaMyst

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When Outdoor Retreat says "Creepy Insects" Do they mean...

★ Guide

Spiders? I know Jungle Adventure has them, but I'm a hard-core arachnophobe. and I don't want any such foul beasts showing up in my games...

Do an old fart a favor and tell me if there's spiders in Outdoor Retreat?

(As usual I'm looking into purchasing options, please keep all "guesses" and "rumors"/"hearsay" out of the topic)

Message 1 of 5 (358 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@LeissaMyst I'll try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible. The insects in Outdoor Retreat are "collectibles" at spawn points and they do not show up in random attacks like they do in Jungle Adventure. There is no interaction with them at all unless you actively try to collect them. There are no spiders.

Btw- This is one of my favorite Game Packs and the Build/Buy items work well in any rustic setting in any world.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (353 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@LeissaMyst I'll try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible. The insects in Outdoor Retreat are "collectibles" at spawn points and they do not show up in random attacks like they do in Jungle Adventure. There is no interaction with them at all unless you actively try to collect them. There are no spiders.

Btw- This is one of my favorite Game Packs and the Build/Buy items work well in any rustic setting in any world.

Message 2 of 5 (354 Views)

★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Thanks for the quick reply. This is very helpful. I think I may have decided on my next game pack :D
Message 3 of 5 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@LeissaMyst I don't want to get too off-topic here as there is already an existing thread on this topic, but be a little wary of the portable fire pits as they seem to be prone to accidental fires when used on certain lot types. I haven't tested this recently to see if it has been fixed by the latest game patch. I did not see anything in the release notes but you never know ;-D I might do some testing on this later today.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Too-many-fires-on-campfires-routing-issues-to-extingui...

For now, when I am at Granite Falls I only use the campfires in the common areas of the campground and I have never had any problems with those. There are several of them located throughout the campground area and they are never hard to find. You'll often see other NPC's using them and it can be fun to hang out and socialize with other campers. Other than this one issue I have nothing negative to say about Outdoor Retreat. I've used OR items to make unofficial campsites in Brindleton Bay, Oasis Springs, Sulani, and Windenburg. I really have fun with this pack! :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I do not work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft.

Message 4 of 5 (306 Views)

★ Guide

"I'm just a regular Sims player, I do not work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft." - and thank god for that last one...Windows is almost as bad as COVID19...

Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)