Re: Whats sims pack do you regret buying

by sirdayne

Original Post

Champion

Cats and Dogs is a frustrating one because I love the world and it's style of builds. It's exactly the type of world I would have created myself. But the sheer amount of sick strays spoils it for me. My favourite builds are right over the beach as well where it's at it's worst. It's Pawmageddon down there.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 21 of 84 (833 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@killerkitty145 Strangerville
Message 22 of 84 (783 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Eco Living. I haven't played in the world it's associated with yet, but the features and annoyances of this pack have really been outweighing the benefits. Particularly the Eco Footprint is just not that interesting and from what I have heard that feature is causing my plants to turn to dirt piles.

Not happy with this one.

Message 23 of 84 (763 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Snowy escape - I never play in the world and I don't think I use much from the pack when in build or buy mode either. (Although I do like wood tones I think I just find other objects from other packs do the job just as easily) It just wasn't for me. BUT Also, My wedding stories is the real disappointment - I waited three months after release date to get it believing that it would be fixed by that time - it still wasn't fixed, very, very irritating. The CAS stuff is really disappointing as well - no veils, no flowers in hair, no hats for men, clothing for all is very mediocre to meh. I don't know why I was so enthusiastic for it. I was also disappointed in the world - I thought my mermaid sims might finally have a place to expand to but it's always miserable weather and so much walking.

Message 24 of 84 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@killerkitty145 High School Years
Message 25 of 84 (687 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I regret patching, does that count? Frown

Message 26 of 84 (671 Views)

★★★ Pro

@xochiquetzl_xkvnYeah, I am in the same boat. It’s the first time which I can say they destroyed my vanilla game and because we can’t toggle the wants & fears truly off my modded game suffer from same problem. I used UI cheats to remove all fears and use bienchens whim overhaul + ReRoll Wants from Lumpinou but … gosh, I just wish for a mod which remove all fears.

From pack, it is university and what goofball get if you have this DLC. They start to prank toilets, which I find rather annoying because it breaks toilets. I strict delete all sims which come with this trait in a vanilla game... I was surprised how much EA sims have this stupid trait.

Message 27 of 84 (659 Views)

Champion

@killerkitty145 , I do not regret any Sims pack!Party hat  Each one has something in it that I have found I use a lot.  And that goes for all the Sims packs from all 4 versions of the Sims! 🥰 

The closest I can say is that I wish the Bust the Dust kit implemented the dust mechanic differently. I don't like that every house gets dusty (I'm not much of a realistic player, though I do have realistic save files).  If it had been done like the Laundry Day SP , where you need to buy and place a certain item to make laundry (or in this case, dust) then it would be much better.  How it is implemented now is especially bad for lots that are Off The Grid! If the only way to get dust would be to buy a vacuum, then OTG lots wouldn't have a problem!  But even with this, I still like the kit and I don't regret getting it! 😊

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 28 of 84 (646 Views)

★★★ Guide

Bust the Dust... I used it twice and never used it again. I wish I could return it.

Message 29 of 84 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@daikoyu 

Yeah, I have forbidden the prank toilet action with MC Tuner because I despise it.

Deleting Sims with the Goofball trait wouldn't work for me because Paka'a Uha is one of my favorite Sims and he's a goofball. :D

Message 30 of 84 (619 Views)