What was your solution the the bathroom privacy problem?

by orcadragon17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What was your solution the the bathroom privacy problem?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As you can see I made two bathrooms one the bathtub one without a sink because Sims are drawn to use the sink just stand there after for a long time. I made them small to discourage wondering Sims as well. What was your solution?

Message 1 of 14 (1,685 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What was your solution the the bathroom privacy problem?

★★★★★ Expert

I made two bathrooms.  Both are complete and one is out of the way.  It rarely has random sims.  Most seem to stop in the bedroom or more recently at the bubble machines.  Actually most visitors stop in the front half of the house or the plaza in the center of the house.

housefront.jpg

houseback.jpg

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (2,019 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

I made two bathrooms.  Both are complete and one is out of the way.  It rarely has random sims.  Most seem to stop in the bedroom or more recently at the bubble machines.  Actually most visitors stop in the front half of the house or the plaza in the center of the house.

housefront.jpg

houseback.jpg

Message 2 of 14 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@BlueWizardRob Your house looks awesome. I am waiting to redesign. Right now my doors and windows do not match. I have not focused too much on interior design yet, or architectural. #futuresimgoals

Message 3 of 14 (1,666 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@orcadragon17 same solution as @BlueWizardRob One off the front foyer and one all the way at the back of the house. I noticed the NPC tend to congregate whereever I am looking so I make sure I zoom in on a SIM on one side of the house and then quickly have the other SIM do the action where they need to have privacy on the other side of the house.  It doesn't always work but it seems to help. 😊

Message 4 of 14 (1,665 Views)

★★ Pro
Yep to all the above. Plus no doors to the bathroom.
Message 5 of 14 (1,637 Views)

★★★★ Guide
My solution was the same as everyone else, I'm just waiting to be able to build another room. 2 more lifestyle levels to go. But if they're not going to fix them roaming around and standing in the bathroom or any room for 5+ minutes... They should at least have an interaction where you can ask them to leave. Or even when you click on the object, they should just walk out.
I moved my bathtub out into my hallway once because one sim decided to do crunches on the bathroom floor.
Message 6 of 14 (1,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Trying to have a baby is even worse.  At lease you can build a second bathroom.  You can only have one bassinet and it seems to default to the closest double bed.

Once when I wanted to have a baby, it seems like every stranger in the world wanted to take turns inspecting the room.  I finally closed the game and restarted it to get an empty house.

Message 7 of 14 (1,613 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I tried exiting the game when I was redecorating and everyone decided to congregate in that particular room, but when I came back, they almost instantly reappeared. Makes me want to move everyone out sometimes lol
Message 8 of 14 (1,600 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I will usually have one of my sims talk to the stranger or unusable sim and get them on their social list, then sit and chat on the sofa so that I can fill my energy.  Sometimes its a toddler or a child that wont leave the bathroom or bedroom when wanting to have a baby, in that case, I just go to town and come back home, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... 

Message 9 of 14 (1,521 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I just move the object out of the room where everybody is hanging out and move it to a room where nobody else is and then move it back to its proper place.
Message 10 of 14 (1,456 Views)