Re: What’s wrong with the sims 4 in April 2020?

by _North_South_148

Original Post

What’s wrong with the sims 4 in April 2020?

★★★★★ Novice

I don’t think it’s just me because of other friends I know that are having these issues. For example, I updated my game in the past few days and when I opened the game it says that EA has taken away custom content for problems including items you may have placed in the Mods folder. 

Not only this but if you are a player with only Base Game, they took away the 3 base game worlds including Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Oasis Springs. They are apparently making them into one world together. If you don’t have any packs, you obviously can’t build then without the worlds, and even if you have packs at the moment, they have taken away roofs, drywall, and most of flooring and wallpapers, and paints from build mode. When you build, for some items like adding chairs to a table, the chairs will not show up as a part of the table, or if you want to put a plant on a surface such as a dresser, they will disappear. 

Another problem with the game is if you have packs and because of this problem you can’t do really anything with build mode and you choose to play a game you’ve created, the people might not show up, only the green diamond that shows their moods. (above the heads)

I believe that we should get to know more about this horrible issue with the Sims 4. EA should give us a heads up. Why at this time in the world? 

published- April 13th, 2020 at 2:18 PM

Message 1 of 4 (634 Views)

@_North_South_148  The message about disabling mods and custom content is normal after a new patch.  Third-party content gets disabled by default so it doesn't corrupt your saves before you have a chance to remove or update that content.

The game still has the same worlds it always did.  The missing worlds issue is common and can usually be fixed by repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

The missing content is probably the same issue and should also respond to a repair.

The sims not showing up except for their green plumbobs could be the also common missing sims issue (solved by a repair as well), or it might be due to missing custom content, although that's less likely.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thanks for the help, although EA did post something about them merging the worlds and this is what may happen. I'm just trying to fix mine and others. Greatly appreciate it. Hope you're doing well at the time.

Message 3 of 4 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 4 (605 Views)