What happens when your alien sim and vampire sim have children

by LBonne24

Original Post

Re: What happens when your alien sim and vampire sim have children

★★★ Newbie

well I had an alien get pregnant to a normal sim who had no vampire blood and the baby was born a vampire. female alien + normal male = vampire what?

Message 11 of 80 (2,002 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any mods installed?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 80 (1,992 Views)

★★★ Guide

Was the Vampire baby conceived or born on a Lot that has the "On a Dark Ley Line" Trait? Vampire babies can randomly occur because of that, even when no Vampires are present. By the way, concerning the main topic, Aliens can only have full Alien babies with other Aliens. With a Human, it will be a Hybrid with few powers and no access to a disguise. With a Vampire, it will only be a Vampire. If it try to make an Alien a Vampire with a cheat, it will bug out. The code isn't set up for both Life States to exist in the same Sim.

Bottom line...

Alien + Alien = Alien

Alien + Human = Hybrid

Alien + Vampire = Vampire (or possibly Alien/Human Hybrid)

Human + Vampire = Human or Vampire (random chance)

Message 13 of 80 (1,941 Views)

Champion

@LBonne24@Behappy1st@iamsweetmystery, I was just coming here to tell you guys my findings in the game! LOL Large smile  

I made a married couple with a husband who is an Alien and a wife who is a Vampire.  Their fist child must be a human/Alien hybrid because from infancy he had an Alien voice, and in CAS when I went to select outfits for it to wear when he became a toddler, it had the Alien face above the personality area of CAS. He also has a human disguise! Raised eyebrow  I don't know of any powers yet since he is just a toddler. Wink  (Also as an infant, the mother had an interaction that said "It's so .., cute?" Large smile  ) So far, if I didn't know any better I would say he inherited the Alien life-state, but apparently he is an Alien/human hybrid. 

Their second child appeared to be human (normal voice and no "it's so … cute?" interaction, but upon becoming a toddler, it was shown yet again in CAS when picking out clothing that the child is a Vampire! 

I did not choose the "On a Dark Ley" attribute to the house so I wouldn't skew the results! But I did choose the "On a Ley Line" attribute to try to get as many offspring as I could from this paring! :eahigh_file:  (Sadly, both pregnancies only resulted in singletons so far Frown ). Here are some pictures:

Son without disguise:

09-11-18_2-20-42 AM.png

Son with disguise:

09-11-18_2-20-58 AM.png

Daughter (light form only available to toddlers).

09-11-18_2-47-06 AM.png

Father without disguise:

09-11-18_2-18-56 AM.png

Father with disguise:

09-11-18_2-19-43 AM.png

Mother in Light Form:

09-11-18_2-15-47 AM.png

Mother in Dark Form:

09-11-18_2-16-04 AM.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 80 (1,929 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The son was pure Alien. A hybrid would have voice and/or skin tone as an alien but not the disguise. The latter is alien only and all aliens have that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 80 (1,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jpkarlsen, (as well as @kimberlyp2002@iamsweetmystery, and @Behappy1st)  I now agree!  I thought it seemed odd he had the Alien denotation in CAS, as well as the disguise, but then just now I was playing that family and saw that his Plumbob had the silver Alien ring around itRaised eyebrow So I was just coming back here to update my findings and saw your post confirming my suspicions! Cool  So apparently a full Alien parent can have a fully Alien child even if the other parent is not Alien. Wink  Thanks for the clarification! Angel

Message 16 of 80 (1,911 Views)

Awesome @PugLove888! Good that you tested it out.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 17 of 80 (1,900 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I went back to my game and discovered when I made my Alien I made her look human in Alien form. I must have thought I was making the human side of her. Than I was pulled away from playing for a while and went back, downloaded my vampire and Alien and started playing not knowing I never finished doing her so her Alien and Human form are the same..They had twin girls, one a vampire and one who I believe is human. When she aged up to toddler no Alien and no Vampire sign. Went to CAS mom is Alien, dad is Vampire sister is vampire and she still shows as Human. I did a save as so I could age her up to teen to see what happens without messing with my game, She still shows as human.

Message 18 of 80 (1,884 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, I forgot to mention I shared them to the gallery if you want to see for yourself there name is Sheridan.

Message 19 of 80 (1,883 Views)

Champion

@Phantomlover1717, thank you ! Heart

@Behappy1st, I found the Sheridan family in the Gallery!  I downloaded them but haven't played them yet.  I saw that one of the daughters is Human, the other Vampire, and the toddler boy is Alien.  Perhaps since Vampirism can be cured, the base for a Vampire is a Human? Wondering  That would account for having one daughter be human, but this is just a hypothesis. Embarrassed  Thanks for contributing to this fascinating topic of Sim genetics! Large smile:eahigh_file:  I will try to play your family this week but I doubt I can get much from the human teen since I can't see into the game mechanics. Thinking  The Human girl can either be upset that she didn't get a special ability like her siblings, or she can be grateful that she is "normal" like her friends! WinkCool

@kimberlyp2002, Mods can change this (which is why @jpkarlsen asked if you used them Standard smile ).  If you don't use Mods, then go into Build/Buy Mode and look in the upper left corner of the screen there is an icon that looks like a house with an "I" in side it.  Click on that and it will show you the Lot Attributes (which you can change, add to, or subtract any you want).  If you have the attribute called "On a Dark Ley" you will be likely to get Vampire babies, even if both parents are Human! Raised eyebrowCool  This would be the only way I know of getting a Vampire baby if neither parent is a Vampire if you don't have any Mods! Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 20 of 80 (1,857 Views)