Re: What happens to a child if parents die?- Sims 4

by jangllle

Original Post

What happens to a child if parents die?- Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

-

I was playing Sims 4 and created a mother (young adult) and her daughter (child). The mother then caught fire and died, it came up saying 'Game Over' and that Crystal (the child) was sent to a nanny to be looked after. Is there anyway I get Crystal back and move her into another household? 

Message 1 of 7 (28,337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Only by loading a game prior to the Mother dying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (28,317 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope  Frown I was playing a legacy and all my sims got stuck in a fire with no option to extinguish themselves so that was game over unless I didn't save and started the game from the last save. 

Message 3 of 7 (28,305 Views)

★★★ Novice
rip dude....
Message 4 of 7 (28,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is hindsight 2020 and this post is from 2018 lol but I had to say - you could totally add the reaper to the family and maybe force age up or move in a different adult. Not ideal but would save you in a pinch. 

Message 5 of 7 (2,493 Views)

...or load a backup save prior to the deathly event happening https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 7 (2,473 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread is a little older now, so I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

If you need further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'll be happy to take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (2,391 Views)