Re: What else should I put in my Ballroom

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

What else should I put in my Ballroom

★★★★★ Expert

I started a home remodel in April and am still working on it.  This floor is supposed to mostly be a ballroom.  I've made the rooms as big as possible and put archways on all of the walls between rooms to create a giant open space.  Is there anything else I should put in the room?  Any suggestions?  How does it look?

BTW: My family name is Knight (and has been since the start of the game).  That is one reason there are so many suits of armor.  I was very excited when they added those.IMG_0161.jpegIMG_0161.jpeg

Message 1 of 13 (1,531 Views)

Hero
@BlueWizardRob It looks nice!
I would maybe use wood floor on the rooms where Sims will be dancing.
I would add a long table with all sorts of food and drinks 😊

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 13 (1,525 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here are some ideas: support beams on sides of the room or around doorways (they make things appear grander), something hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room #centerpiece, maybe a juice bar to one side of the room, some greenery like flowers and plants (you need those splashes of color), and maybe some chairs and small tables to the side of the room in case anyone wants to take a break from dancing. 

I personally prefer a more marble floor for a grand ballroom, but a wooden floor would look better if you plan on putting the dance floor for a party there. 

Hope this helped. Wink

Message 3 of 13 (1,507 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

So I made a few changes.  I'm still not sure what I can add to the center of the room since all wall spots are full of open arches.  
I'm fairly happy with the results.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  I've finally finished my almost 10 month home remodel.  This was the final floor. I can still make changes, but I consider the main project finished.

IMG_0162.jpegIMG_0163.jpegIMG_0164.jpegIMG_0165.jpegIMG_0166.jpeg

Message 4 of 13 (1,490 Views)

Hero
@BlueWizardRob An art gallery with paintings and sculptures on one side and a dance floor on the other side.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 13 (1,468 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@BlueWizardRob 

How about a  Grandfather Clock? 

Then at the stroke of midnight, Simderella has to dash out before her carriage turns back into a pumpkin 😉

Long time no see BWR.  
How are the Knight brothers Superheroes faring these days? 

Message 6 of 13 (1,429 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I don’t post very often anymore. I still log on to Sims Mobile once a day to do llamazoom and any quests, but the game has lost much of it’s excitement. We used to have a core group of about 30 people who religiously planned parties so everyone had two each day to attend, everyone got max stickers and max gems and we all chatted in parties, had a discord chat group  and posted here.  Then the “alien bug” started to hit us and the affected people couldn’t see the other people’s parties anymore and the whole thing gradually died as more and more people got bugged.  

The knights are still doing well.  I used to change generation about every 3 weeks. I don’t do that anymore, I’ve had the same set for 18 months now. I’ve had 10 baby boys in a row.

I started a complete remodel of the knight’s house.  This is the first major change since the very early days after the game was released.  I started the remodel in February and just finished, but the knights have now replaced their Roman style villa with The Crystal Palace.  I really like it. 

notice the two grandfather clocks near the pianos.

Message 7 of 13 (1,423 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Crystal Palace - Ground Floor.

I'm trying to decide if I want to replace the outdoor romantic bath with a hot tub.  I have many, but both of my gold ones are currently in use and I don't know how to get another gold one.

IMG_0183.jpegIMG_0183.jpeg

Message 8 of 13 (1,419 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Crystal Palace - second floor.

This is the ballroom.  The pictures are in the previous posts in this thread.

Message 9 of 13 (1,418 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Crystal Palace - Third Floor

IMG_0178.jpegIMG_0179.jpegIMG_0180.jpegIMG_0181.jpegIMG_0182.jpeg

Message 10 of 13 (1,414 Views)