Re: What do you want from Sims 4?

by KatastrophicSim

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I'd love a teen-centered pack, preferably one that make teens shorter than adults. I doubt it'll happen though, then they'd have to make all new clothes and animations for them, but still, I can dream.

I'm also a fan of a supernatural pack, but with opt-in and opt-out stuff. I hear that zombies were pretty annoying in the previous game(s?) I can't say for myself though as I haven't played Sims 2 or Sims 3 much at all.

A stuff pack that works off of Sixam would honestly be cool to me. Improved, less boring aliens (IMO they're the weakest occult), Sixam maybe being a place you can live or vacation to, multiple neighborhoods up there. Funky weather with seasons, lots of missed potential. I know a lot of people don't like expansions of expansions (*cough* my first pet) but that part didn't bother me much. (not that i liked mfp stuff though lol) 

More GTW type careers would also be nice. Work from home careers are also sweet but I prefer actually going and interacting with stuff.

I don't know what pack this would be in, maybe 'Regular Human Being Stuff' but I'd like some more regular people clothes that actually come in more than 6 (mostly garbage) colors. Like that one simple women's tee with the pocket on the right has so much potential, but it comes in either plain, neutral colors, or blindingly bright turquoise. I can't think of a single adult pair of sweatpants that have even remotely matched things I've owned irl. KIDS have them though, like ????

Message 21 of 30 (645 Views)

★ Guide
@mayoinajarr Yes! That was probably another of the things that I wanted to mention and that I forgot about when I posted my first post in this thread.
For the regular clothing options I find I wish there are a few more decent knee length skirt options. I find that the skirts are either on the exceedingly short side, or the exceedingly long side.
Message 22 of 30 (639 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm in for the supernatural pack too! 

But I have a very simple request concerning all of the packs that would probably be quite easy to implement: I want sims to be able to ask other sims to do stuff! Very simple, but it would make my gameplay so much more enjoyable and have that storytelling aspect to it. Like when my sim comes home from work, she could ask her hubby to brew some coffee. Or ask a roommate to do laundry. Also I would love if sims could introduce their friends/spouses/family members to other sims!

Message 23 of 30 (623 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wow I never thought of that but asking people to do things is such a great idea!

Message 24 of 30 (616 Views)

★ Guide

Going along with my train of thought from a reply elsewhere.

I kind of miss the ability to purchase other properties like we had in Sims 3. I liked buying another property and slowly remodeling it before deciding if the sim should move in, or sell it. More often they sold it. And then moved onto another property.

Message 25 of 30 (581 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Wholesome_Goth I own the Cats and Dogs EP and I use the Vet Clinic exploit as a way to effectively own multiple homes in Sims 4. If you own Get to Work EP there are other types of businesses that will also work for this exploit. I furnish the "vet clinic" lots as regular residences but I never open them for business to the general public so no customers will ever spawn there. My Sim can easily travel to one of these lots and stay as many days as she wishes. I put in full kitchens and the stoves and refrigerators work just like at home. She can invite NPC guests over for visits to one of these lots and it even works for overnight sleepovers. Usually I pick one of the vacant houses in Sulani for her "vacation" home but it will work for any residential lot. It's not 100% the same as owning two or more regular houses like you could do in Sims 3 but it's pretty close. I do agree it would be great to be able to do this without resorting to exploits.

Message 26 of 30 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Wholesome_Goth , in addition to the method for getting around not being able to own 2 houses that @RandomBuzziness suggested, it is possible that we might in the future be able to own more than one home.Standard smile  Several months ago one of the surveys from the developers of TS4 asked if we would want the ability to own more than one home .  It appeared they were asking in the context of a vacation home, as there were also questions about if we would like to visit or own a hotel, and if we would be interested in some winter sports like skiing, ice fishing, and snow boarding.  While that doesn't mean we will get these things in the game, it does increase the chance, since they are considering it enough to ask us out thoughts about it! 

Also, I've done the @RandomBuzziness 's suggestion, with a bakery that @SheriGR built!  (This was with the Get to Work EP retail ability) There were a few quirks with it (such as kids coming home from school would end up at the actual home and not the bakery/home, but the method did work! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 27 of 30 (539 Views)

★ Guide
@MissRedLuck https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Aliens-can-have-the-Vampire-aspiration-even-th...

This for one.
Also when my sim that I moved out calls, and says they're in a relationship, when I go there, I want them to actually BE in a relationship.
Message 28 of 30 (516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My daughter would love to see wheelchairs in Sims. She loves playing the sims, but eventually, her mood was killed when she found out there wasn't any wheelchairs in the game whatsoever. 

Message 29 of 30 (455 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would personally love a Bon Voyage pack. One where sims can have jobs at sea ranging from being a ship building architect to a captain at sea. We have Strangerville for the desert, why not a captain of the ocean.

Message 30 of 30 (441 Views)