What am I supposed to do with "doesn't like rock climbing"?

by KitCallahan

Original Post

What am I supposed to do with "doesn't like rock climbing"?

★★★ Novice

I get the randomized likes and dislikes offers a more flexible gameplay. But there really should be away for likes and dislikes to be relevant to the job. Also 4 out of 5 likes and dislikes shouldn't be about their hobbies.

Message 1 of 7 (811 Views)

Re: What am I supposed to do with "doesn't like rock climbing"?

Champion

@KitCallahan . the good thing about a dislike like "Doesn't like Rockclimbing" is that it is easy to ignore !  The real problem is when the game throws you a "Likes Rockclimbing" at you! Then you know of something that will make them happy and yet you can't possibly fit it into their home! 😧😓

I had a little girls that liked Rocket Science.  It probably made no difference, but I used cheat to unlock a completed model rocket (from the Parenthood Game Pack) that is originally part of the teens homework projects they can bring home.  I also used a cheat to place the first volume of the Rocket Science skill book on her desk.  There was just no way I could get the real rocket into her bedroom! 🚀 🤣 At least I didn't fail the gig! 

As for other weird requests I had a client who lived on Sulani who loved Skiing!  So I put a couple pairs of skis in her room!  She loved it! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (794 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Thing is, I'm not sure how it could be fixed. I got a renovate bathroom gig and the only useful thing was "Likes violin". I looked through all the paintings, hoping maybe there was a painting of a violin... but no. Didn't think of putting a "violin" skill book in the bathroom... That's not much better than putting a violin in there.

Since there was no "decor" like... I could only guess, and I guessed wrong.

How would they fix it? Better choices when they choose their likes? Re-do them every time for that specific room type? That wouldn't work.

Filtering out things that don't fit those room types? IE Removing violins as possible from bathrooms... Sounds like a lot of extra work and we know EA isn't going to put more "work" into it.

Maybe have a choice for us to "re-roll" the 2 or 3 visible from their pool of however many? Well, we wouldn't need that if the Sim Profile panel was even working and showed all the client's likes and dislikes. But since that's broken we can only ... what? Take manual notes? I don't want to have to do that.

Since all the expensive gigs are all broken, the cheaper gigs don't even make it worth it.

I love the idea.. but it just doesn't work.
Message 3 of 7 (758 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Psychotps 

Despite what you write I have done several of the more expensive gigs with great success apart from some Level Add-ons in apartments which there are bug reports on not working properly. I do these by sending my sim alone to these since she has excellent performance and reputation (from only ever failing one gig because I didn't read the description carefully) she always get at least a passed on these.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (740 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps , don't get me wrong... I do think it could have been done better and I hope they make changes. Fingers crossed  I don't expect them to other than fix the apartment issue. 
 And even if there had been a violin painting that doesn't mean they would have tagged it for "violin".  I don't even know if the skill book counted or not, but it made me feel better knowing I did all I could do. 😄

But I actually think putting a violin book in the bathroom makes perfect sense.... many people read in the bathroom, and a book on how to play the violin is better than having nothing to read at all! Wink😂

Message 5 of 7 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 my first gig with the interior design career was a bitter old woman. I had my Sim follow around this woman to ask her questions for ideas. When sitting on the couch, I THOUGHT I got her...yeah no. She gave me no design route, only useful information was she liked red before walking away for the 4th time. I'm thinking in my head, "lady...you requested a renovation..i didnt barge in to force this on you."

In comes this male adult who became a kinda-sorta-teeth grinding yet useful person to interview. I got from him: likes bowling, likes dancing, hate gardening. Still no decor route but whatever. I spent 4 and half sim hours chasing down that woman.

I remade a bare bedroom. I used a dance floor as a "rug" and that amp thingy that plays music was red so I tucked it in the corner. Used a few items like a retro clock, a bowling pin to set on the dresser and a cool picture of a strike out. The color scheme was a retro black and red that had me blown how nice it looked. Lol. That woman though...😐

by the time those two people came back for the reveal I'm not sure if I did something or the game kicked me out to do the "event" where you 'show this object', 'ask how is looks' etc. Dont know what they're ultimate reaction was but the game told me i did a good job and received 545ish simeleons.

*shrug* I did like the challenge after cooling down with no ultimate design direction. 

Message 6 of 7 (674 Views)

Champion

@3Rosez while it is unsatisfying to not see their actual reactions, the fact remains that if you got paid for the job you succeeded! 💗Party hat  Had you failed you would have not gotten a dime! 😅  (I know because both have happened to me!)

My failure was my second gig.  One was ok with my design but the other hated it so much he ran out of the house crying!😱🤣 I later had a chance to redeem myself with the same clients (why they would accept me after I failed them is not my business! lol )  I passed the second time! 

I also had an experience like yours in which as soon as I clicked on the "reveal" button they gave me money without me showing them anything .  But my reputation went up and I got paid , so it was all good with me!  It was for a base game house in a new save ... the Kim-Spencer-Lewis family.  That family has 5 members so I carefully went and asked each one for suggestions, but concentrating on the little girl since it was for a kid's room.  They hated white but loved pink, black, yellow , and Rocket Science! 😅  I made a nice room with mostly pink (since the mom and little girl both loved pink) with some black and yellow in the mix I couldn't put a rocket in the room, so I used some cheats and put in the Rocket skill book Vol. 1  on the desk, along with a completed  rocket school project that came with the Parenthood GP.  The book and the rocket project probably didn't count but they didn't hurt either since I got paid! Placing these items made me feel like I did all I could do to make the clients happy.  I was sad that I didn't get to see all their reactions, so I understand how you feel!  That said, I wonder since there were 5 people as my clients if that made any bearing on why the game skipped the reveal, slide show, the interior designer showing off certain items, etc. Wondering  Or it could have been random.  🤷‍♀️

Anyway, the fact you succeeded with such difficult clients who didn't want to give you information/instruction is wonderful! 🏆🥰Party hat

Message 7 of 7 (658 Views)