Re: What Has Happened To My Sims?

by Trismagistos

Original Post

What Has Happened To My Sims?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yesterday I was creating multiple sims no issue with my custom content, however, I have logged in this morning to continue creating new sims and although it shows normal on Create A Sim when I actually go to add it into the game it looks like this... Does anybody know what has happened and how I am able to fix this?

cheers.

Message 1 of 15 (966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How was it supposed to look?

Message 2 of 15 (940 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@listhe37  It should of had hair and an outfit which is custom content and then when I click to add the sim into the game they end up looking like this.

Message 3 of 15 (928 Views)

Champion

@SophieBxnks 

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. See if the issue is still present.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted.

If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 15 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR I have followed the bullet point steps you gave me. I have repaired all of my Sims 4 plus extension packs. A message has popped up saying “Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close” I have attached a picture of what it says. I will wait on this screen for you reply, thanks for you help

Message 5 of 15 (911 Views)

Champion
@SheriGR i already gave @SophieBxnks the same advice you just gave her round about 5 hours ago. And made it clear that it should be wise to search through the cc and mods.
The attached file was deleted bij EA_Darko because of the content. And somehow my advise disappeared in the process. Luckily now there is a solid fix for it. So i gave you a me too and kudo!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 15 (921 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Trismagistos Hi I was trying to find your message but couldn’t as they deleted my whole post due to the picture I added on it so I had to block out the picture and redo the post. Thanks for your help, I’m unsure what to do now as I have just run repairs on my games.

Message 7 of 15 (914 Views)

Champion
I was working on a reply, @SophieBxnks, but I saw your message coming through. Best to send the crash report and then close Origin. Probably you did not follow all the exact and necessary steps to tackle the problem.

First you should exit your Sims game and directly after that you exit Origin. Now that you already exited your sims and your Origin has crashed try to log out of Origin so it is not working.

Go to the right Sims 4 folder: 'Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4'
(I think you deleted the Sims In the Origin folder) Now please follow the steps @SheriGR gave you in her post and i think you will be fine.
Drag or cut and past the mods folder in the sims 4 = 'Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\' to your desktop and delete the localthumbcache.package from the mentioned folder.

Use the search option inside the earlier mentioned Sims 4 folder and delete al the files with the word 'cache'.

Then repair your Origin and after that repair your Sims by right clicking the picture of the Sims 4 in the Origin library and selecting the option repair.

Check if your game is okay by testing it without installing any mods. When it works fine, use the described 50/50 methode to replace your mods and test your game after each 50%. When the problem occurs again you know the outdated mod is in the batch you just replaced.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 8 of 15 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR Would you be able to give me directions on the 50/50 method please

Message 9 of 15 (883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SophieBxnks

Considering the error that you're seeing, it appears your OneDrive is syncing documents. We'd like to try having you pause OneDrive as follows, then work with a clean folder in order to confirm. Please try the following:

First, disable/pause OneDrive. Directions for this can be found at this link:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-to-pause-and-resume-sync-in-onedrive-2152bfa4-a2a5-4d3a...

Next, please try the following in this order:

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your 'The Sims 4' folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this "The Sims 4" folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new 'The Sims 4' folder will be created by the game.
  • Exit your game and Origin.
  • Now re-add a copy of the 'options.ini', 'screenshots' folder, 'saves' folder, and 'tray' folder from the "The Sims 4" folder on your desktop into your new "The Sims 4" folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop "The Sims 4" folder. 
    Now see if your game will load properly.

If this fixes the issue please let us know. We could then provide information on permanently disabling OneDrive, if you like, once this is confirmed. Then we can review the 50/50 method also.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 10 of 15 (866 Views)