Werewolves and faeries

by Charlescie

Original Post

Re: Werewolves and faeries

Champion

@DonroaAkashu , they didn't totally eliminate the Vampire behavior, they just toned it down.  Usually now a Vampire will show up with in the first few nights of playing a new household (usually it is Vlad) and if all your doors to the outside are locked he can't get in .  But sometimes I've played with houses with open archways and he was able to get in , but as long as I lock the bedroom doors there is no problem.  Also I usually have a garden and therefore grow garlic .  I have been keeping one clove of garlic on every Sim of bitable age. Also they now have an option to make your house not allow vampires, but in all honesty I'm so used to playing the way I've mentioned that I keep forgetting to test it! Oops

And while a Vampire drinking can be intimate, it isn't quite the same as what some people suggest.  I understand the repulsion, but it was always supposed to be in a cartoonish fashion.  I also like that there are options for Vampires in the game to use plasma fruit, plasma packs, or frogs for their nourishment, if you are playing a Vampire.  

Also, you might remember that in TS2 your Sim could be out at the grocery store or the museum and a Vampire could walk in and not only drink from your Sim, but they would actually be turned into a Vampire after that!  At least in TS4 you can only be turned if you ask! 🙌👍  So I think they did well with that part! 

Yes a toggle would have been ideal for players!  However I've heard from some people who know coding that a simple toggle is often not that "simple" to implement.  That might be why one wasn't originally put in place, though the option to Disallow Vampires in the game sounds like it does just that. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 38 (449 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888  That made me laugh, 'of bitable age'!

I am sure decisions are made in regards to resource management, but it is a game, and so everything takes a choice to add, or not; I think most that protest to the severity and hardship of any additions are not that well versed in game production and all that comes with it. I think I understand the complaints that the feature was toned down, but I still don't think it should have been added in the first place. I have not played TS2, but I think the humour and themes in it were quite different from this version, which seems even more childish than TS3, which I have played and like. I really enjoy the games and like most features, but some choices are ill thought through.

I really look forward to playing with werewolves, I just hope and wish they will make it possible for the player to control the occult population.

Message 12 of 38 (437 Views)

Champion

@DonroaAkashu , I actually have only seen about 2 complaints that the Vampire behavior was toned down.  One was here and another was in the comments section to a YouTube video a while ago.  Almost every complaint I've encountered has bee what led to that behavior being toned down in the first place!  I think most people what some control and security in the game.  And yes, this is quite different from previous versions of the Sims.  Take TS3 where you could be minding your own business and then suddenly a meteor kills your Sim! 😱😅  TS2 and even the original Sims game were more like that! 

I've never played the Sims as a child or teen (because it didn't exist when I was a child or teen) !  So some things that might have bothered me even as a teen might not bother me as much as an adult. I would have been terrified of the fires in the game when I was young, for example.  Vampires not so much since, well, they aren't real! 😄

I do hope we get to control any new types of Sims like Werewolves so that if we find them too annoying or scary, we can make the game more to our needs. And I also hope we have more control so more people can enjoy the game! 

Also, I'm happy I made you laugh! 🤣

Message 13 of 38 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I scour the internet for information on this game, ever since I had my fist perplexed moment when first starting to play TS3 a couple of years ago and tried to find some fix for it I was surprised and fascinated at how much players decide to say online about the games, it is sometimes more entertaining than playing the game itself.

The complaints I have read about vampires being toned down are plenty, and many on The Sims Forum. That crowd are hasty to voice their dissatisfaction though, and are allowed to there, and the group that regularly post in that forum seems small considering that it is the official forum, so it might not mean much.

Message 14 of 38 (426 Views)

Champion

@DonroaAkashu , I figured there was a group of people that didn't like the toned down behavior, but I was surprised I had never run into them except on those 2 occasions!  But I don't have much time to spend on the Official forums like I used to. I'd rather post here and I'd rather play the game! Wink

I do remember that quite a few players were upset that when you asked a Vampire to actually turn you into a Vampire, that the Vampire would turn you by drinking from your wrist. 

But thank for the information, as I was expecting those people to be out there somewhere! 😅  I suspect that they are either old school Sims players or else die hard Vampire enthusiasts! Wink

Message 15 of 38 (414 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888  Yes, old school is a good term; there seems to be some competition in how long one has played the game, and what constitutes a 'simmer', and that it actually is a term! 'Deviant player' as well..

Message 16 of 38 (411 Views)

Champion

@DonroaAkashu  I started with the original, but I first played it on console... either late 2002 or early 2003.  I didn't see the need to buy the computer version until the PC version came out with Unleashed! 😃🐶🐱 I got unleashed in 2003 and never looked back! Party hat (I would still play the console versions of TS2 and TS3 , but those were very different from the base game.).  So while I wasn't playing from the beginning, I did play from the first version!  
And I've always called myself a "Simmer" even before I ever heard anyone else use that term for us! Large smile

Message 17 of 38 (388 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Then you are a true simmer, and would rank higher than me if one would apply such a system! :D

Message 18 of 38 (377 Views)

Champion

@DonroaAkashu Well, anyone who is crazy about the game is a Simmer, at least in my book!! Party hat  Some Simmers weren't even born when the Sims came out, and that isn't their fault! Wink

Message 19 of 38 (362 Views)

Champion

@Charlescie , @MichelleSims0070 , @jasonbrok47 , @3Rosez , @JnhoKaddia , and @DonroaAkashu , well, it looks like we might be getting fairies in the game! 🧚‍♂️🧚‍♀️
This was from a Sim Guru on the Sims 4 Official forums on Monday:
Greetings from Henford-on-Bagley! — The Sims Forums

It is a countryside pack that is either farming, fairies, or both!  The one thing that worries me is that supernatural Siims that don't get their own Game Pack are often not very fleshed out. 😧 Compare Aliens and Mermaids to Vampires and Spellcasters.  Vampires and Spellcasters are so much more fun to play because they got the attention they deserved! 🥳

Also fans of the Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3 will notice the name A. Crumplebottom!  So looks like Agnes is returning! 😅

Message 20 of 38 (336 Views)