Re: Werewolf are annoying to play

by Jaelk

Original Post

Werewolf are annoying to play

★★★★★ Apprentice

The fury goes up to fast and they turn to much. The fury goes up for no reason. The sims only get one point per tier which is not enough if you want all abilities be your sim dies of old age not. 

Message 1 of 23 (2,413 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes when they turn back to humans the fury is still full and it's not long before they turn back to werewolves 😒🙄 please fix issue 

Message 2 of 23 (2,402 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jordyou23 I started a new toon for werewolves. Noted the tendency to fury, but there is an open lot in the new area. (it's the empty undeveloped place to put a house).

So when my toon was about half fury I sent her there and did the minimum amount necessary to get the scent ability. Then I spent the whole development of her as a Werewolf getting all that lore and never had an issues with uncontrollable turning.

I did get the controlled turning ability very quickly. Maybe it's knowing enough about where you come from?
Message 3 of 23 (2,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Really, I love it that we got a little challenge with the fury management + I don’t think its designed that you get all abilities before your sims dies on old age (normal lifespan) If you play with aging off you can get all abilities but... it’s a little overpowered as a vampire which have all skills. (Spellcaster from house are OP)

I never encounter your other problem, but I found this bug report: [NEEDS SAVES] [W] Excessive Werewolf transformation - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Message 4 of 23 (2,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

So, fury management, bearing in mind that I only have the one save...

I tried yoga and meditation, and those seem to "freeze" rage, but basketball is the bomb. I also have my werewolf run, lift weights, somber howl, etc.

If you have another werewolf in the house who's at least Delta rank in a pack they can chill out other werewolves with werewolf empathy. You can also go visit Kristopher at the Moonwood Collective hangout and he'll often autonomously chill out your werewolf. (I went Moonwood Collective because my werewolf is named Remus Lupin! LOL)

You also need to try to avoid your werewolf's triggers. Like, if they hate loud noises, you're going to have to move somewhere quiet and delete your TV and stereo, sorry.

I hope that helps.

Message 5 of 23 (2,271 Views)

Champion

@jordyou23 , like @xochiquetzl_xkvn said, it depends on which temperaments you have .  You can have 4 of them at a time (you start with one on a new Werewolf, and get another temperament when you rank up.  And there are positive and negative temperaments.  The red ones are negative, and they speed up your fury if you do the activities related to those temperaments.  A werewolf with the Carnivore temperament will gain fury faster if they eat anything but meat that they hunted (or another household member hunted) so you need to get the ability to hunt for your meals to keep the fury down if you have that temperment! . A werewolf that likes to be clean will gain fury when dirty, but one who hates water can only safely get clean if they groom themselves (so make sure you get that ability if you have that temperament!) Raised eyebrow
The blue temperaments are good and can reduce furry when you do the activities related to those temperaments.  And there is also a high level ability to change your temperaments if you don't like the ones you currently have. Party hat But you have to work on your werewolf level to be able to choose that ability! 😉

I tested with the same werewolf family but in different save game files, and one that I had an easy time with became very difficult when I played him in the other save and he had completely different temperaments! Raised eyebrow

And like @daikoyu mentioned, you can always turn off ageing if you want to try to get all the traits in a lifetime.  Also, you can play on a long-lifespan if you already are not doing so, to give yourself extra time!  Finally, you can also use the Aspiration Reward potion that ages you down to the beginning of your current life stage, so that you have extra time if you want to keep ageing on in your game! 😎

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 23 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Pro

Oh yeah, the temperament sometimes funny. I had a sim which loved the rain and swimming... after the transform they got Hates being Wet. It was a fun to make a story why now they hate these things. Temperaments too a nice thing if my vampire need to torture a werewolf in my storyline, specially love the hate loud noise + Restless animal.

I really hope they don’t nerve these things. Its such a funny addition and the first time I truly enjoy decision which make the game for me, and I am willing to wait that the game create my next villain by adding temperaments big bad wolf.

Message 7 of 23 (2,229 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 It's the lack of control I don't like I don't mind them changing on a full moon but randomly it bothers me. I would prefer it like vampire where I can switch them between forms without them doing anomaly. I find it annoying when that do.
Message 8 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Champion

@jordyou23 , I do understand your reason not to like the lack of control with Werewolves. To be honest, I was a bit surprised that you could transform when it wasn't a full moon.  However, just like @daikoyu mentioned, I enjoy the challenge! 😉 It makes for some interesting stories for my Sims, makes them feel more unique, and provides challenging gameplay more like the kind of gameplay we had in general with the Sims 1, Sims2, and Sims3!  

Not every gameplay mechanic will be for every player.  Some people don't care for the Fame system in Get Famous, or playing with pets in Cats & Dogs, while other people have these as their favorite features.😅  But I wouldn't give up yet until you try some of the werewolf traits that you can choose to help you control your werewolf.  Some, (such as Will to Resist which sometimes let you overcome your fury and return to human form) can be chosen when you gain points towards your Werewolf abilities.  Others like Werewolf Empathy, (which lets you calm other Werewolves down) are hidden abilities and can only be found when you do certain things in the game.   But it is the Werewolf Empathy trait that all of the members of the Volkov household have (those are the Leader of the Moonwood Collective and his adopted son, and an elderly woman. (I'm not sure if Wolfgang who is also a member of this pack has this ability or not because he does not live with the other members, so I have not played him yet.)  So, the entire Volkov household can instantly quell your fury, so this sounds like you would prefer to befriend this family , or else play as them, or you can work your way to gaining the Werewolf Empathy ability yourself. 🥰

Also, you will want to try to gain some blue temperaments as they reduce fury!😇

@daikoyu , I hope they don't nerf these temperaments either! I find them fun to figure out, and they can also interact with the other temperaments to make interesting situations.  I had one werewolf that started out with the Hates Being Wet temperament (like the Sim you mentioned) but also later developed the Needs to be Clean temperament, making me choosing the Groom Self trait a no-brainer since it was essential for her to be happy! 🤣

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 23 (2,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888I'm not keen on challenging gameplay as well I prefer less challenging. Yes, you can choose when you're werewolf turns with a locked power you can get by your werewolf not being seen by another sim. The last challenging the better for me.

Message 10 of 23 (2,157 Views)