Re: Weather in Tartosa

by Fierande

Original Post

Weather in Tartosa

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hey all! So I haven't noticed any talk about it here, but I noticed that in Tortosa, which very much looks Mediterranean inspired, the weather is constantly bad when you have seasons installed. I saw few other comments on Reddit about this, but none here yet, so I want to check with you, if you experienced the same? Whole spring and summer it has been nothing but cloudy and rainy, that I just had to buy the weather machine, and I upgraded it to change the forecast, as well. I just expected warmer and milder winters, nice and warm summers (of course some storms) because that has been my experience of Mediterranean area for many, many years.

Let me know if it is the same in your game 😊

Message 1 of 11 (3,645 Views)

★ Guide

It's the same for me! I was about to post a bug report about this because this really doesn't seem to fit with the climate of Mediterranean worlds, I have only twice experienced rain in summer at all LOL and yet in Tartosa spring and summer seems to get bad weather more often than it gets good weather. It really seems like a bug to me, because it can't be that a world meant for weddings would have such crappy weather? 

Message 2 of 11 (3,349 Views)

Tartosa Seasons not Appropriate

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have to be honest: I'm not 100% sure whether this is a bug or an intended feature but if it is an intended feature, I just don't get it at all. Tartosa is a world inspired by the Mediterranean, which is where I have lived for many years and I can say that bad weather in spring and especially summer is an absolute rarity. Yet in Tartosa, spring and summer almost always comes with cloudy weather and rain. It's also extremely annoying since it's meant to be a "wedding world", so good weather would be much, much more fitting than the weather we currently get. Right now, almost any world (including Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and Henford-on-Bagley) get better weather in spring and summer than Tartosa does, and I again just cannot imagine that this is an intended feature for a Mediterranean-inspired world meant for (outdoor) weddings to boot. 

Edit: I don't know how this ended up in Technical Issues rather than Bug Reports which is where I'm pretty sure I clicked "new topic" lol but this is meant as a bug report, not a technical issue!

Message 3 of 11 (3,373 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Fierande You must be living more south then? 😊 I don't live in the country I was born anymore, and every summer we went to the Mediterranean coast. It was most of the days very warm with a nice breeze, it would get hot too, and then there would be a thunderstorm due to all the heat and then the cold in the atmosphere mixing up. It would be like that maybe every 3 weeks in the summer.

So yeah, I don't think this represents the climate well. Autumn and winter should be mild and wet, spring is really in the middle, and summer should definitely be warmer and sunnier. We will see if they even consider this an issue 😅
Message 4 of 11 (3,309 Views)

★ Guide

Haha yeah, I live by the Libyan Sea so admittedly very far south! Everything completely withers and dries up over here in summer because usually the last bit of rain will be around May and doesn't start up again until September or even October... in between that time, it's scorching sun all day, every day. Not always great in the real world, but in the Sims.. I wouldn't mind that weather for my Sims at least in the summer! Haha

Message 5 of 11 (3,275 Views)

★★ Guide

Build and promotional wise it seems like they were pushing for outdoor weddings, but how are we supposed to do that when it rains so much?

you can turn off (tone down) rain in settings but that affects all worlds 

Message 6 of 11 (3,215 Views)

Re: Tartosa Seasons not Appropriate

@Fierande I agree with all the posts here. The excessive rain in-game is really annoying. I came across this post because I'm looking to move my sim family to Tartosa from Brindleton Bay (PS I'm in New England and it doesn't rain here NEARLY as much as Brindleton, but whatever), since I (apparently mistakenly) assumed Tartosa would be warmer and drier, but now it looks like I'm back to square one on world choices lol.

In a second PS (PPS), I was looking into Thebe Estate for them to move to, and the bed/bath count is incorrect in my game; is it like that for anyone else? Not a big issue, just thought it was odd. (Listed as 3 Bed/2 Bath, yet it's actually 4 Bed/5 Bath)
Message 7 of 11 (760 Views)

@Fierande I actually meant to comment that the reason your post is in a different place than you recall placing it is likely due to one of the moderators combining similar issues. Which makes sense do to the utter chaos this forum would have with all of our comments and issues, lol. But also I do hope that @EA_Cade or one of the other gurus can take a look and perhaps adjust the settings in certain worlds for a future patch! (Thanks to any guru who can take a look for us!)

Happy simming, friends!

Message 8 of 11 (758 Views)

@LadyAofPineapple OOPS I see there was a patch introduced a month after this thread...I will give Tartosa a go and report back with how the weather is behaving now!
Message 9 of 11 (750 Views)

Champion

I turned rain off in my game and I shorten the Autumn/Winter seasons to 7 days and set Spring/Summer to 28 days. I usually leave on Snow but it depends on the circumstances. I only have a couple of households in Tartosa but I want it to remind me of my awesome Mediterranean holidays where it was almost always gorgeous weather. I just added a vacation lot with a stable because it's nice for a horse holiday, clip clopping around the streets.

I'm in the North of England so, yeah I see enough rain as it is! There's currently a big yellow shiny thing in the sky outside my window and I'm not entirely sure what it is 🌄.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 10 of 11 (719 Views)