Re: We are all unhappy with the game

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

We are all unhappy with the game

★ Novice

Will we ever get a better game for sims 4.....We dont have much for are sims like we dont have much to do with babies or there no hotels.......Im unhappy with my game because we need more will we ever get more???

Message 1 of 6 (524 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xXXxBadkittyxXXx 

There are plenty of expansions that you can buy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (512 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xXXxBadkittyxXXx 

Sorry you are not happy with the game but "we" is a pretty big word.

Opportunities to explore with base game only.
Two occupied worlds (Willow Creek and Oasis Springs) and one (Newcrest) ready to build and develop as you like.

Over a dozen careers including freelancer and part time jobs.
Or making money without a job by painting, writing or programming.

Want to have a family? Use the family aspirations as a sort of guide to how to become a perfect matriarch or patriarch.
Raising those adorable toddlers can be a a real test.

Looking for new ways to play? Check out a gameplay or building challenge.
Sims 4 Challenge List
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906643/sims-4-challenge-list-updated-may-28-2020/p1
Some are short and others like the 100 baby, Drifter (build and populate the world) or Legacy challenges are good for long term marathon type players.
You don't really have to play thru a challenge to you can get new ideas on how to play the game.

Adding more content brings more options like owning and operating restaurants and retail shops.
Explore new worlds and go camping, explore the jungle, live on the beach or become a famous actor.
In short not everyone will enjoy the game but there actually are so many options you can pick and choose what you like to make it more enjoyable.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 6 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

While I don't speak for everyone, I do speak for myself when I say the game is not without its faults, but it's definitely not a situation of "We're all unhappy with the game."

There's bugs, glitches, lack of certain elements of gameplay, and new gameplay features that are badly in need of tweaking, however as the situation stands, it's still being worked on and supported.

Do I wish the issues were handled a bit faster and more efficiently? Yes; sometimes I find those that consider themselves "experts" here on Answers HQ tend to take some of the issues for granted, and fail to actually address the issues that are actually a problem.

Do I think the game is overall bad? I'm still playing it, aren't I? I think there's still a lot of material in the game that can be played and enjoyed; as the game itself used to say "Play with Life."

- B

Message 4 of 6 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

clean up

Message 5 of 6 (425 Views)

Champion

@xXXxBadkittyxXXx, we are not all unhappy with the game.  Just like we are not all happy with the game.  Some are happy with it and some aren't.  That is the way it is for everything. Wink 
Yes, there are problems with the game, but there are problems with all video games!  Nothing is perfect. My all time favorite video game is The Sims 2, and not just my favorite version of the Sims, but my favorite video game! Party hatHeart But even though I loved it dearly, it was not perfect and had some problems.  Disappointed

You asked if we will ever get more (from TS4).  Well, we have been getting more since the game was released!  Not only are their numerous Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs like @jpkarlsen mentioned, we have also gotten a steady supply of free DLC given out in various patches. Party hat Everything from new clothing and hair, to new building features , to toddlers!   And more will keep coming until the game ends.Wink

As for hotels, I also hope we get those in the game Fingers crossed since it will be a fun feature for both our vacationing Sims and for those who wish to run the hotel! Party hat The good news is that EA/Maxis is at least considering giving us hotels because about 6 months or so ago there was a survey that asked us if we were interested in having hotels.  That same survey also asked if we would like snow sports like skiing, snowboarding,  and ice fishing, among others.  While we may or may not get all  these ideas in the game, there is a chance we will, and they are certainly considering it! 

I also think they are aware that many people want babies that aren't objects.  EA/Maxis has stated that with the upcoming Knifty Knitting Stuff Pack that our Sims will have the ability to knit onesies for not only our toddlers, but also our babiesRaised eyebrow  While this does not change the functionality of the babies, it is a step in the right direction! Angel

The funny thing is, as we get more and more features that we have been asking for, things that were on our lists but not that important suddenly become urgent! OopsLarge smile  Before there was only a mild interest in having babies that weren't objects (in general), but as time has worn on and more of our other wishes get fulfilled, the need for non-object babies has become a fevered pitch! Raised eyebrow (Now there are those who always really, really wanted non-object babies, but I'm speaking more in general.) 

Also, @EuphorialQueen gave you a great list of things to get the most out of your game!Party hat  There are no doubt other ideas and ways to play that can increase your enjoyment of the game. Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (388 Views)