We Need a Cheat to Unlock CAS Items

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

We Need a Cheat to Unlock CAS Items

★★★★ Pro

We have cheats for unlocking locked BB items, so there should be a cheat for unlocking locked CAS items too! It just doesn't make sense that we only have a cheat for one of the two.

It would be nice if we could unlock career outfits, and suchlike, just by using cheats. I mean, sometimes I just want to make sims in CAS but I don't want to play with them, and in such a situation I would really like to have a way to access all the CAS items.

And no, I don't want a mod. This should be a built-in cheat, because it doesn't make sense to not have a cheat for this.

I hope a SimGuru sees this. Fingers crossed

Message 1 of 12 (15,577 Views)

Re: We Need a Cheat to Unlock CAS Items

★★★★★ Newbie
@SqueamishNerd Hi, I am not guru but i'm 99% sure there is no CAS cheats, you also cant open cheats in CAS, sorry
Message 2 of 12 (15,381 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@thatnerd4 You can open the cheat bar by using the usual Ctrl shift c, and you can write in the cheat bar as usual. The thing is that there isn't any cheat to unlock all CAS items, and it's odd that we can unlock all the BB items but not the CAS items. We should be able to unlock CAS items too.
Message 3 of 12 (15,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SqueamishNerdI totally agree with this! They’ve since added an unlock cheat for CAS in the nifty knitting pack, so the framework is now there. I think they need to add one cheat for all unlockable items and another for all NPC outfits. Players should be able to access everything in the game if they want to!

Message 4 of 12 (13,344 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@purpleplumKS The same with locked CAS items in Journey to Batuu.

For Nifty Knitting the cheat is "cas.unlockbytag SP17" and for Journey to Batuu it's "cas.unlockbytag GP09".

I tried with other numbers and with EP instead of SP and GP, for example "cas.unlockbytag EP02", and it said "Unlocked tagged parts", but I still couldn't find those items in CAS. I also tried "cas.unlockbytag EP2" and then it said "Ignore ep2 No valid pack. Command failed". So, it seems like the command knows which packs exists, as in there's a pack called EP02 (Get Together) but there's no pack called just EP2 without the 0, but the commands still don't work for other packs than Nifty Knitting and Journey to Batuu.
Message 5 of 12 (13,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the only cheat ive found to unlock every locked item in cas is cas.unlockbytag

Message 6 of 12 (8,683 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SqueamishNerd I agree. The same way they added the cheats for Nifty Knitting and Bauu, they could add for the previous packs.
The only work around i have for this, is to look for Unlocked CAS sims in the gallery and merge them to the household you want to play, that way their items would become available for all your sims. Luckily there are simmers out there doing this wonderful work :D
Message 7 of 12 (8,486 Views)

Champion

@paulapg89 , yes, this is a very good work around.Party hat  However, some households are already at the maximum capacity, and this can't be done without getting rid of existing household members, so we still need the Cheat codes for these CAS items!  😢🤞  But thank you for mentioning it! 🥰

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 12 (8,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@PugLove888
One workaround for that is to:
1. Move one household member to another household
2. Go into CAS with the first household
3. Add the CAS-unlock-sim
4. Remove the CAS-unlock-sim
5. Save and exit CAS
6. Move back the sim that was previously moved to another household

The items that are unlocked in that household will stay unlocked Standard smile

I have made one of these unlock-sims myself, by combining households with unlocked items from the gallery, using cheats for the items that still didn't unlock, and adding items via gameplay when I couldn't get the items in any other way. I think the only things I haven't managed to unlock are the items from hiking up Mt Komorebi. If I manage to unlock those I'll put the unlock-sim on the gallery.

Message 9 of 12 (8,452 Views)

Champion

@SqueamishNerd , while it does take a bit extra time, this is an even better idea as a work-around! Thank you so much for the suggestion! 🥰

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 12 (8,157 Views)