by strangealien22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Walls around Stairs Disappearing Once Placed

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter cheats bb.moveobjects on, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.showliveeditobjects. I had all 3 on when this occurred and was building on an unoccupied lot. Place a set of 3 tile wide stairs next to an exterior wall. Try to build walls around the interior side and the rear side. This bug occurs with custom room tool and wall tool.
What happens when the bug occurs? The walls that I placed only appear on 2 tiles. When pressing Undo, it makes a sound like it's removing a wall, but the walls i placed were never visible.
What do you expect to see? I expect the wall tool/custom room tool to place down walls where I tell it to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Upon placing a set of 3 tile wide stairs next to an exterior wall, and attempting to enclose the rear and side in walls so I could build a half bath under the stairs, the wall and custom room tools are having a weird bug where the walls dont stay put after I click to place the walls. When I press Undo it makes a sound like the wall is being removed, but it's not removing the wall. The wall was just never visible in the first place. see attached video for the stairs I used (from seasons) and what I was trying to do. 

A video of the bug I encountered including the stairs i'm using and what I know to be broken: https://youtu.be/CtgCz_ZalKk

This is the first time I've tried to build under the stairs like this, so I'm not sure if it's just this particular staircase or other staircases as well.

Message 1 of 4 (4,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Walls around Stairs Disappearing Once Placed

Hero

@strangealien22 

I tested this and the walls placed every time.  No idea what is causing your problem.

So I suggest you try repairing your game and deleting the localthumbcache file.  Doing that usually fixes some things so you might give it a try to see if it fixes yours.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,426 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@strangealien22 

I tested this and the walls placed every time.  No idea what is causing your problem.

So I suggest you try repairing your game and deleting the localthumbcache file.  Doing that usually fixes some things so you might give it a try to see if it fixes yours.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4 (4,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am having the same problem. It is happening on every stair i build.  I deleted the localthumbcache file but it, sadly, didn't help. Any other ideas? i'm stumped but i do have something that might help you. I deleted the wall of one stair but i didn't think that it would get rid of all of the walls under the stairs in new builds.  If you can give me some advice i would appreciate it alot. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4 (2,152 Views)

Hero

@698232 

Try building the walls first, then place the stairs. Have MOO off when you go to place the stairs.  If the stairs won't place, then you've probably not left enough space for the stairs to fit.  You can't place any walls under a stair.  The space has to be clear.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4 (2,118 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help