Re: Veteran Simmer Sims 4 update Suggestions February 2020

by Player_jp5s5eav

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Trismagistos I use Audacity too, usually for fixing audio levels so that some songs aren't crazy loud while others are barely audible even at the High volume setting. It's not slow for this, it takes me about 15 seconds to fix a song and put it back in my game.

@Player_jp5s5eav I love this idea of a carnival/amusement park world with all those things you suggested! I know that miniature golf (which you also listed) was mentioned in one of the recent game pack polls so maybe it could be included in something like this as well. Large smile I would definitely buy that pack!!!

Message 21 of 25 (404 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Player_jp5s5eav That makes more sense, but it would NOT be a good idea. Putting elevators in the base game, something that came with City Living (?) I think that would just make everyone who purchased CL upset. Giving away something to everyone for free what they paid for.
Message 22 of 25 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Psychotps

*Tilts head.* Are you addressing the right person? I never made any mention of elevators because the mother post spoke of things added to the base game and in turn I thought of the mention of elevators, hotel stuff and buy businesses in vacation lots to be unnecessary. My second post that goes further into expansion pack category doesn't make mention of elevators either, but it does mention things from previous Sims generations that could be added to expansion and game packs.

If you still are addressing me... elaborate? 'Cause I'm still lost.

Message 23 of 25 (374 Views)

★★★ Guide

I agree with those who feel cars would be useless if the Sims 4 neighborhoods stay the way they are, where you get a loading screen to go next door. It would be cool to have cars/buses/taxis drive up and pick your Sim up though. And a limo if your Sim is super rich and/or famous, like you get the option of calling a limo when you hit 4 Star Celebrity, or if you have a certain amount of Simoleons. I actually liked the open world concept of Sims 3, I thought it was really cool to be able to see one of my Sims at home, one Sim at a party next door, and another Sim walking around town. It did make my laptop crash after playing for awhile, but I still liked it haha I also want the flying saucers back. Those were awesome. Here are some things I'd love to see:

BANDS!!!!!! BRING BACK THE BANDS PLEEEAASEEE!!!!!! I'm in a band, and omg I had soooo much fun forming a band, and naming it, and getting calls to play gigs around the city. You could get crowd reaction (like comedians can be heckled), and your performances could be rated...you start playing at like dive bars, and eventually once your rating and reputation are good enough you can play bigger venues. I can see the bigger venues being rabbit holes, but the dive bars and smaller places wouldn't have to be. And if you have CL you can have a lead singer too instead of just a guitarist, bassist, keyboard player, and drummer. I do love being able to write songs where you can sing and play at the same time, but to be able to play gigs would be AMAZING. I can see it as a Game Pack!!!

I feel like some of the EPs and GPs we've gotten so far have been severely lacking, and they missed big opportunities. I would love to have vacation homes and hotels (especially in Sulani), and be able to own them/rent them out like a business. I loved Sims 3 University because it resembled a real University...there were tons of Sims walking around with backpacks (bring back the backpacks, and not just ones I put on the ground and can't interact with!), you could see Sims in outdoor classes or doing some kind of club function. I know they have clubs and squads and stuff in DU, but is it just me or are there like you and 3 other Sims who go? Whenever it's Spirit Day like 4 Sims go, and 3 of those Sims aren't even students, but random NPCs. There are also maybe 2 Sims walking around campus at a time, and again random townies. I know these are more complaints about DU than actual ideas.

I like the carnival/amusement park idea too. It would be somewhere fun to go with your family instead of like a boring park, or a restaurant. If they had more play options for kids too instead of just swings, monkey bars, and a pirate/space ship. I agree with those who feel cars would be useless if the Sims 4 neighborhoods stay the way they are, where you get a loading screen to go next door. It would be cool to have cars/buses/taxis drive up and pick your Sim up though. And a limo if your Sim is super rich and/or famous, like you get the option of calling a limo when you hit 4 Star Celebrity, or if you have a certain amount of Simoleons. I actually liked the open world concept of Sims 3, I thought it was really cool to be able to see one of my Sims at home, one Sim at a party next door, and another Sim walking around town. It did make my laptop crash after playing for awhile, but I still liked it haha I also want the flying saucers back. Those were awesome. Here are some things I'd love to see:

BANDS!!!!!! BRING BACK THE BANDS PLEEEAASEEE!!!!!! I'm in a band, and omg I had soooo much fun forming a band, and naming it, and getting calls to play gigs around the city. You could get crowd reaction (like comedians can be heckled), and your performances could be rated...you start playing at like dive bars, and eventually once your rating and reputation are good enough you can play bigger venues. I can see the bigger venues being rabbit holes, but the dive bars and smaller places wouldn't have to be. And if you have CL you can have a lead singer too instead of just a guitarist, bassist, keyboard player, and drummer. I do love being able to write songs where you can sing and play at the same time, but to be able to play gigs would be AMAZING. I can see it as a Game Pack!!!

I feel like some of the EPs and GPs we've gotten so far have been severely lacking, and they missed big opportunities. I would love to have vacation homes and hotels (especially in Sulani), and be able to own them/rent them out like a business. I loved Sims 3 University because it resembled a real University...there were tons of Sims walking around with backpacks (bring back the backpacks, and not just ones I put on the ground and can't interact with!), you could see Sims in outdoor classes or doing some kind of club function. I know they have clubs and squads and stuff in DU, but is it just me or are there like you and 3 other Sims who go? Whenever it's Spirit Day like 4 Sims go, and 3 of those Sims aren't even students, but random NPCs. There are also maybe 2 Sims walking around campus at a time, and again random townies. I know these are more complaints about DU than actual ideas.

I like the carnival/amusement park idea too. It would be somewhere fun to go with your family instead of like a boring park, or a restaurant. If they had more play options for kids too instead of just swings, monkey bars, and a pirate/space ship. Like kids being able to ride bikes, for example, without using mods! They could start out with training wheels, and when their Motor skill got high enough they could ask an adult to take the training wheels off, and it would make the child get a Happy buff. You could even have an option to ask an adult to teach them how to ride, where the adult would push them on the bike for awhile. And toddlers could ride big wheels! I also think having a stroller for a baby would be adorable too. You click on the stroller and have the option to "Go for a walk with..." whatever your baby's name is, and then your baby is magically in the stroller. It could be similar to walking your dog I guess.

They need to bring back tattoo parlors and hair dressing places! You could own them and work there like the other active careers. Since they already have the hairdressing and outfit changing stations for GF they could easily incorporate that into a new kind of business to own! I know when you get high enough in the stylist career you can update people's appearances, but I just think having your own place to do that would be awesome. It could be really similar to the vet or doctor careers where people are waiting, and if you take too long then they get mad and leave, and your rating would go down. A combination of GTW and Dine Out I guess. You could even add in a pet grooming place too!

I have more ideas, but I need to get back to work lol

Message 24 of 25 (290 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

As a veteran simmer I would love to see them bring back the following:

1. Music styled dancing. I used to I’ve to watch my sims do different styles of dancing and actual dancing with each other when different music genres played. 

2. Bunk Beds please?! This would have been an amazing 20th anniversary surprise IMO. 

3. Relationship/ Story Progression. IE...when playing other sims move on with their lives, get married, have kids, get jobs etc. It’s a little lame playing a generation or legacy challenge and none of the townies or former family members progress in the game. 

Message 25 of 25 (277 Views)