Re: Veteran Simmer Sims 4 update Suggestions February 2020

by Trismagistos

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@benji3692000 @Trismagistos I must say, for you lovers of cars 🚚🚗(and me, a non-user of Mods), I thought this was a hoot! 🦉 Hope you'll get a laugh over it: 
https://youtu.be/7XTOa2aOHSI

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 25 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Great video @SheriGR! I wonder why they didn't use the bike to speed up this car Large smile Wink I do not care about cars at all. They are only a means of transportation. Get your Sims a high level of the Wellness skill and you can teleport them much faster than in this video. Thanks for sharing!

And while i was watching it, i remembered another nice feature in the Sims 3 that i also miss dearly: My own music. Not that i don't like Sims music but playing and listening to the radio was fun because you could listen to your own taste. Pitty they skipped that in Sims 4

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 12 of 25 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@TrismagistosWhy can't you listen to your own music in Sims 4? You can put mp3's in any radio station folder you wish and disable any of the default songs you don't like. I've replaced entire radio stations with my own music choices.

Btw- I've even downloaded some of my favorite Simlish songs from Sims 3 and placed them in my Sims 4 custom music folders ;-D

Message 13 of 25 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RandomBuzziness I keep meaning to do that. I used to do that in Sims 2... I had that thing packed with Creedence Clearwater Revival songs that I no longer have in my iTunes. I may have them on a flash drive, and it would be so fun to hear them again through my game! 🎼 <**heads out to search...**>

Message 14 of 25 (608 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SheriGR I imported a lot of the Sims 3 Island Paradise songs for the Sims 4 Island Radio station & completely replaced all of the songs in the Classical, Lullaby, World radio stations. I added a few songs here in there in almost all of the other radio station folders as well.

I wish there was an app somewhere that would translate regular songs into Simlish. I know that many of the songs in these games were modified by some kind of software program, though I do love it when mainstream artists go all in and create studio versions in Simlish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI-8LWlgGGA

Message 15 of 25 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RandomBuzziness True... and that kind of app would be awesome!! Plus there are some great tunes in there now! Sometimes I forget I can't understand a single word!  🎼👀🎼

Message 16 of 25 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RandomBuzzinessThanks! I just needed someone to let me think a little bit further. I used to have a lot of mp3 but over the years i got lazy and in my search to get a higher quality i converted most of them into *.m4a and that format doesn't work. You made my day! Standard smile Thanks again.

And now for the great operation to reconvert the lot of them back into mp3-s

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 17 of 25 (571 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos I just used an online converter. Not positive if I can share the link here, so just Google it.

Message 18 of 25 (551 Views)

Champion
Hey @SheriGR, thanks for the tip but i 'm an oldy and have been using Audacity for ages. Slow working but it does the trick for me.
Have a nice day.

Let op:

Message 19 of 25 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Eh, since no matter what people keep mentioning things that are available in the Sims 4, but can only be accessed via expansion or game packs… I’ll add in a few other things.

LOTS:

The Sims 2 had secret lots perfect for hobbies. While Get Together handles this pretty well, rather than making a secret hobby lot, add in a few more commercial lot types or traits that don’t require invitation and don’t automatically boost skills. I mean, with expansions we have most of the lots already if you use General + certain lot traits. So add in-

• A Movie Theater lot for all those people who have built theaters. It will actually influence NPC Sims there to sit in front of the dang movie screen and watch the whole way through. (Hello, Movie Hangout).
  • A Gamers lot for those who’d like to make a bowling alley, arcade, et cetera that isn’t a bar. (Hello, Bowling Night and Get Together.)

Extra: Pinball machines, pool tables, mini golf? An option to set a TV as for Gaming only? (It is sad to have an arcade where Geoffrey Landgraab appears, takes out a remote and watches the comedy channel.)

“Get To Work” BUSINESSES:

Like in Sims 2, can there should be grocery stores where you can buy ingredients needed to make recipes – might make the game play more challenging if you actually have to have all the ingredients in stock to make a certain meal. You don't have to go fishing or harvest crops. Just go here. And if you have City Living you’d be able to go to a grocery store for spices.

This is Sims 2 nostalgia and yeah, this is the age of ordering everything online, but still… Add in vending machines that sell small items like PC games, small electronic gadgets and even small toys.

Seeing the Sims back then actually buying new games that didn’t automatically come with their computer was fun. Make all computers come with BlickBlock only. You are a master at Blickblock and want a new game? Order it online or get it from a vending machine.

Want a new smart phone? Get the newest smart phone of the market via this vending machine! (Add in small animation where you can see the new phone, which has fun Sims stuff showing – the past one had the plumbob as a main button and the screen had the freezer bunny on it!) Maybe what makes it better is that you gain things quicker like social and gaming.

Still trying to collect the plushies from the Holiday crackers? Better your chances with this: the design will be random, but you will definitely get a plush instead of a joke, candy or a complete bust.

Extra: Add in dressing rooms for clothing stores. I still love the security camera gag to this day. *Shrugs.*

NPCs:

From the previous Sims Games I’d like to see…

Just the Base Game:

•  Social Bunny for those who have no time to socialize or if their socials are low.
  • Imaginary Therapist for the times a Sim sees or experiences something traumatizing enough to cause a meltdown.
  • Burglars that may actually pick a lock even if you set a “Lock doors” option – your Sim can be woken up to scare the burglar away (fight burglar option?) like how Sims take care of fires on their own.

Extra: Alarm system that may or may not scare a burglar away. Water sprinkler system that will put out fires where it is installed.

Note: As said, due to how Sims 4 decided to handle fire break outs and the existence of the Detective career from the Get to Work Expansion… I have a hard time seeing NPC Police or NPC Firemen showing up… I may be wrong, though.

If you have Outdoor Retreat, Pets or Seasons:

• Clair the Bear because she’s fun and also it would make the tense moodlet hold better merit. (It is so annoying how Sims get tense over another Sim wearing a freaking bear costume… if it talks, it isn’t a bear.)
  • El Bandito the Raccoon because just seeing a skunk wandering around causing mischief is fun.
  • Henri LeStanc the Skunk instead of just the bush the dogs and cats will fight in. If he wants to he can attack you, too.
  • Penguin appears and causes mischief during winter.

MISC:

•  NPC will do more random crap when you are out in public. Your Sim will just be minding their own business and out of nowhere two NPCs are brawling; whoohooing in a bush, closet or shower stall; vandalizing plumbing objects; et cetera. It would be nice if when your Sim suddenly “Goes to see what’s happening” and it isn’t an NPC dying.
  •   If you summon the Tragic Clown make it so he can be very hard to move from the lot. It all depends on his traits and your own Sim. Best case you just have to ask him to leave – he’s nice and your Sim has high charisma. Sometimes you just have to constantly slap him silly until he’s happy – your Sim needs to be mischievous. Worst case you may have to fight him in order to kick him out – he’s mean or evil and your Sim has to have higher athletic skill.
  • As a homage to the lighting the Tragic Clown painting to set him on fire, it might be neat if he had a tendency to start fires due to being accident prone. Cooking? Fire. Lighting a fire place? Fire. Lighting birthday candles? Fire. The blowing flames bar trick? Fire.
  • If you have Get Together, add in the chance of getting hit by fallen satellite debris when cloud/star gazing from Sims 2 with the plus of being able to sell the parts.

PACKS:

Create an equivalent to The Sims Makin’ Magic Extension Pack. I know Realm of Magic is supposed to be the Sims 4 equivalent, but… I’m talking more about show magic and optical illusions, not “real magic”.

Have a small town with some fun community lots. They could be carnival/amusement park lots. Obviously some would have rabbit-hole attractions, sadly – like a fun house, a house of mirrors, a haunted house, a tunnel of love. Those could end with a picture memento, though.

I can picture things like the Tragic Clown is stuck in a dunking booth and carnival games that uses cameos of the Plumbob, Freezer Bunny, Llama, Voidcritters and such.

A rollercoaster like in the first Sims would be cool, but doubtful. I could see a virtual reality one being used – have it work like the gaming platform, so Simmers can see what their Sims see.

Small side shows with NPC examples:

• A contortionist – I’m looking at you Sims 2 yoga. Some of those animations were contortionist moves, not yoga.
  • A  strong man – Use the weight-lifting machine animation, but have him life some crazy/humorous things.
  • A  fire breather – you have this animation in Island Living.
  • A snake charmer – hey, it was in the first game. “Teach me how to charm snakes!”
  • A clown that can actually juggle and do really simple magic tricks, but will be willing to teach you how to do them.
  • A Gypsy fortune teller who will read your fortune, but can also teach you how to make charms for small things, like a charm that may boost your skill building for a specific skill for a day, a charm that will heighten your chances at a promotion, a charm that helps your kids get good grades, et cetera. Or you could just buy a charm.

The Magician:

Depending on how much can be done, it could be a magician that will perform small shows (sort of like how bartenders might), but if his stand is deserted you can try to learn and practice the same tricks. Or it could be a magician on a stage that will do more complex tricks and illusions. To learn how to do it, you can apply for an actual job. It would be a rabbit hole one.

Additional items: Cotton candy machine and a photo booth you can whoohoo in. Gypsy fortune teller could be one of those automated machines that give slip fortunes and has a charm vending machine.

Message 20 of 25 (461 Views)