Re: Veteran Simmer Sims 4 update Suggestions February 2020

by Psychotps

Original Post

Veteran Simmer Sims 4 update Suggestions February 2020

★★ Novice

Hi! To make this quick... I’m going to list some thoughts and things I would LOVE to see in the Sims 4 base game/In General

thanks!

-Bring back garages & cars like sims 3

-love stair editing updates but should be able to create spiral cases and create from different terrain levels

-PLEASE either add more community property lot spaces and/or the ability to the lot Sizes!!!! Please god!!! And including New Maximum lot size to 124 x 124 vs 64x64???? S4 limitations  Really drive me nuts and makes me want to go back to S3 ugh 😩

-Sims 3 style community views 

-elevators

-hotel stuff

-ability for sim to buy business in vacation districts

I am a build mode player and LOVE sims for that alone!!!!! I would love to see these come as an update, quick easy, simple and under the radar. ☺️ I feel I’ve paid enough in to The Sims now at age 30 and still hooked with every expansion and stuffs pack lol

Message 1 of 25 (1,798 Views)

Hero
@benji3692000 Moving this to General discussion and feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (1,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@benji3692000 Thank you for your feedback and sharing your ideas. You have some great ideas there that have been on the wish list of many of us simmers! 😊 To address a few:

• Bring back garages & cars like sims 3
    🤔The wish for cars has been out there for sure. Perhaps at some point we could get the types that fade in and fade out when coming and going (like in Sims 2, if I remember correctly), or maybe even that could drive down the street for the span of a house or two, like when your sim gets on a DU bike and rides around a bit, but an open world like in Sims 3 is not a place I would like to go again. Sims 3's open world was a huge resource drag on computers, and massively slowed down or crashed the computers of many players. This made Sims 3 a very unpleasant game to play for many. I, for one, would be loath to go there in Sims 4.

• love stair editing updates but should be able to create spiral cases and create from different terrain levels
    🏠I build a lot, so... I must admit, a true 'spiral staircase' with a small footprint, would be the dream! There would have to be adjustments to how the sims maneuvered such a staircase (coding-wise) I'm sure, but is would be lovely to have them available. It is possible to get somewhat a spiral staircase, though, currently (though not a true spiral/corkscrew type): https://youtu.be/fq_gn4oIiGw . I agree, also, there are some height/placement restrictions that are inconvenient with stairs, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you mean on the stairs going from different heights. Can you explain?
    In this case they go from different foundation levels:
    stairs.jpg
    In this case they go from different terrain heights:
    stairs2.jpg

• PLEASE either add more community property lot spaces and/or the ability to the lot Sizes!!!! Please god!!! And including New Maximum lot size to 124 x 124 vs 64x64???? 
    ❣️Yes!!!! and with the tiny homes now I think it would be nice to have a few more small lots as well.

• Sims 3 style community views 
    🤔This one I'm not sure of? I didn't play Sims 3 for long. I really didn't like it for many reasons. Never captured my heart like Sims 1 & 2 (especially 2). You don't mean the Sims 3 camera, right? You can switch between Sims 3 and Sims 4 camera in-game. I do it all the time when I build. I am accustomed to maneuvering in camera 4, so camera 3 is not intuitive for me to play with, but I can get better angles when building or creating slideshows (screenshots).

• elevators
    🏠There are in-game elevators in City Living - but only in that world. There are some in the expanded debug items, but I haven't experimented with them. I agree, functioning elevators that we could add t builds would be a fun addition and work great for certain builds.

• hotel stuff
    🏠Agreed. Hotels in the game would be a fun idea for vacation worlds and towns. I would buy a pack that added them plus the ability to own them and add them to towns, deal with rentals, and maybe even vacation themes. 🏠

• ability for sim to buy business in vacation districts
    🏠This would be awesome! You can build in them via cheats, but I would love to be able to own and run a business in them &/or a hotel or rental homes there! I would definitely buy that pack!  I would have loved if Sulani had the ability to alternatively have a vacation home there or rent a home or hotel there! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 25 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm afraid I never saw much about The Sims 3 and I'm not veteran player. I just know some things due to watching my eldest brother play The Sims 2 on occasion when little.

CARS:
I've read of people having so much trouble with the Sims 3 open world and considering there at players even now who can only do so much via their computer and internet... I think the loading screens are fine enough. So maybe do cars like how they were done in The Sims 2. It will still have the loading screen and the separated worlds. It would need a short additional animation entering and leaving the car as well as for the car pulling up or heading out. (Maybe even add in the school bus animation for kids to teens.) Maybe even call up taxi drivers.

Extra: Be able to build garages, buy new cars or repair/make a car from parts. (I think that would be freaking awesome.)

BUILD MODE:

Yeah, definitely spiral stairs. You can sort of make them in similarity to a stairwell, but the room required and the space it takes up is evil.

I'd agree to some extent on the larger lot sizes, but if this is base game only... I think we'd need a few more places added onto the current maps for Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest... *Tilts head...*

Extra: Vending games for the base game. Get to Work and University have them and if you have some of the other packs you get the food stalls. They could be so useful when visiting a park or other commercial lot.

LOTS:

A Graveyard lot with some already preexisting tombstones with name, death type and/or epithet like how the decorative one in Pets has, but deceased Sims in your game will actually be placed at the cemetery… none of that, “You have to be on the lot the Sim died to collect the urn or tombstone.”

The last three things don't have to do with base game and would extend into expansion packs. *Shrugs*

I'd also like to see some old NPCS.

NPCs:

From the The Sims I’d like to see

•  Social Bunny for those who have no time to socialize or if their socials are low.
  • Imaginary Therapist for the times a Sim sees or experiences something traumatizing enough to cause a meltdown. (I liked the meltdown and hallucination aspect... I mean, I totally get that and so would a lot of people these days. Therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists are freaking normal these days! It wouldn't have to have anything to do with the "erratic behavior" trait BS.)
  • Burglars that may actually pick a lock even if you set a “Lock doors” option – your Sim can be woken up to scare the burglar away (fight burglar option?) like how Sims take care of fires on their own. (Since this speaks of base game and not with expansions.)
Message 4 of 25 (1,712 Views)

Champion

@Player_jp5s5eav I had fun and flashbacks reading your post!

• I agree that having (optional) garages where we could fix (optional) cars as another handiness skill-builder would be fun - and I bet a lot of folks would enjoy it. Especially if working on the car could upgrade it. 🚗 > 🏎️
  • I agree that having the taxi, school bus, moving truck, pizza delivery guy, etc. pull up in vehicles would be fun!  🚕🚚🚌🚗
  • Another person who could pull up in in a van could be that social worker that whisks away the munchkins if you're not taking care of them. 🚙
  • I could go with burglars, but I want to be able to add a burglar alarm/security system for enough money that would stop them and the police would come take them away. 🦹‍♂️ 👮
  • I would like the butlers to be able to beat the crap out of burglars and vampires and make them leave. 🦹‍♂️🧛
  • I would like dogs to be able to bark a burglar to death and scare them away... even a little dog. That would be a hoot! 🐕
  • "Yeah, definitely spiral stairs. You can sort of make them in similarity to a stairwell, but the room required and the space it takes up is evil."
    It's evil? 🔥😱That one cracked me up!! 😂It is rather nuts and a shame that the new configurable stairs - even in a 'spiral' still has such a huge footprint! In my micro home I used a regular staircase because, the 'spiral' kind would have taken up almost the whole room! 
  • I don't remember the 'Imaginary Therapist ' but that sounds like fun!! 🤔💡

Message 5 of 25 (1,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SheriGRAll great ideas and suggestions.

Careers
I would like to see more careers too. I would like to see thieves, burglars and robbers, fireman, soldiers and even psychotherapists. And i would like these careers to be the same in game play as the scientist, doctors and detectives Sims 4 has now. May be even a in game play school career, where you need to cope with al ages of pupils up on to the university.

Objects
The cars in Sims 3 were nice, the flying saucers were also great means of transportation. I would like to see the elevators return in Sims 4 as well as the spiral staircases. Buying stores, hotels (I see these as objects) and other means of making money could be nice but not really necessary because there ar to many ways to make lots of money (and of course the cheats)
I would like to see the ability to buy more lots so you could play with bigger households or extended families. But also to start a business on.

New extension pack
I definitely don't care for the new extension pack 'knitting'. Other hobbies like you wrote about: 'fixing cars' have my interest too. Hobbies that Sims would be able to do in 'man- or woman caves'.

Faces
There is one thing i would like most and that is more options in CAS. To make it more life like i would like to see te possibility to make a face in two halves. All within 'normal' parameters of course. Wouldn't it be lovely to create a sort of crossed eyed Mary or Jack?

I know that there are a lot of rumors about Maxis EA working on a Sims 5. Let's hope it will be better than ever.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 25 (1,626 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Lol. Yeah, good luck with that!

-Bring back garages & cars like sims 3

Where would they drive? The 50 yards to the end of the street?

-love stair editing updates but should be able to create spiral cases and create from different terrain levels

Now this one I agree on. We need spiral staircases. Have no idea at all what you mean by terrain levels. Houses don't have terrain inside. Unless you mean putting a spiral staircase on the front lawn?!?!?!

-PLEASE either add more community property lot spaces and/or the ability to the lot Sizes!!!! Please god!!! And including New Maximum lot size to 124 x 124 vs 64x64???? S4 limitations  Really drive me nuts and makes me want to go back to S3 ugh 😩

So, basically you want a COMPLETE redesign of ALL existing worlds, which would basically make EVERYONE's save game incompatible.  Good to know... yeah.

-Sims 3 style community views 

No idea what this is.

-elevators

Uhm... we already have elevators.

-hotel stuff

? Like the buildings we already have? Or do you just mean CC? Hotel front desks?

-ability for sim to buy business in vacation districts

We can already do that.  Oh, you said "Vacation"... you mean the ONE vacation district we have? Granite falls? You want to build a business in Granite Falls...  yeah.. ok. Don't think I've even been there in over a year.

Message 7 of 25 (1,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PsychotpsThe mother post was wanting elevators and hotel stuff in the base game. *Shrugs.* So yeah... why it even mentioned the elevators and hotels for base game kind of makes it hard for me to determine if benji3692000 just forgot the original standard he set, or if he really meant for the post to extend to expansions, game packs and such...
Ultimately I just stuck with the Base Game parameters. Otherwise, my post would have been a heck of a lot longer.

Message 8 of 25 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Trismagistos Thank you for your kind words! I love hearing creative ideas and troubleshooting on gameplay, and pack and game possibilities. It's fantastic that we can post feedback and ideas here and that EA provides and opportunity to do so! 😊

💡Love your career ideas!I agree that the policeman and firemen would be great to see turn up again - and maybe even a burglar here and there - especially if my butler can kick his butt! I'd love if I could report shoplifters in my store to the police, and if those rascally vampires could be called in for home-invasion if you have a nice alarm system or call the police (rather them them taking over the home as soon as they enter the home and there's no fighting them or removing them forcefully. I hate vampires, but if I could fight back without being all 'into' what their folklore and all are, I could have some fun with them.

🤔I must say I am fascinated with this idea of a psychotherapists. I loved Sims 1 & 2, (but unfortunately not 3)... was this a career in the past that I never played? I have no use for playing an 'erratic' sim currently, but if there was something like the chance to get them therapy and improve, etc., I would actually play that and have fun.

👍You mentioned wanting the 'soldier' career/ Strangerville includes the military career, so that should be enjoyable to you then! Also, you mentioned buying stores? My favorite part of Get to Work is the retail business option that it includes - so I build, buy and run retail stores with my sims and love it! And Discover University has the teaching career, so that may be another pack of interest to you.

🏠I also love playing large households (mainly or entirely extended family - it takes a village and all)! I find it a good challenge for many plans, though not always. I would also love to be able to 'officially' live on the same lot as my business. I have built and run businesses with where I had the family (with a 'technical' other home lot) live completely or partially on the retail lot (above the store or in the basement) but you have to do it as a workaround and it involves some inconvenient and wonky details doing it that way. 

Thank you for sharing your creative ideas! 💡

Message 9 of 25 (1,623 Views)

Champion
@SheriGR You are welcome! And for your information, i have all the packs from Sims 3 and 4 and i have the base game for the Sims 2. Probably i discovered Sims 2 too late in lifeWink
By the way, there were no psychotherapist in Sims 3, but it would have been fun though. Like you stated, helping the unfortunate Sims that for instance have the insane trait or helping the snobs or the 'criminals'. The idea to have your 'erratic' sims gain other traits through that proces would be a game changer, especially when emotions are the main feature in the Sims 4.

By fireman- and soldier careers i, in fact, ment the in game play, like the medical an detective career. Also the Acting career provides the in game play that makes the Sims overall a little harder to play and nicer too.

I agree with @Psychotps when he mentions the fact that cars would not contribute anything at this moment. But, like in the Sims 3, when the worlds would be more open and the interaction with the neighbours easier, cars can again become a gameplay option. But than again what or how about the compatibility of the game saves.

I slayed a few vampires with my sims but unfortunately my sim was not able to eradicate them in my game. Like you, i despise these creatures.

It is good to reminisce here. I sincerely hope EA will notice our creative ideas and give them a good thought.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 10 of 25 (1,610 Views)