Re: Vampires idly turning human Sims?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Vampires idly turning human Sims?

★★★★ Novice
So, I recently got Sims 4 for the Xbox One last Friday and grabbed the Vampire pack a few days later. After going to Forgotten Hollow, I only saw two vampire households: Straud and Vattore but I've come across a lot more vampires since then. So I suppose the question is are these people, like Emily Beckman, a package deal but living offsite or were they formerly human and already existed on another map? And if it's the latter, can they be turned by unplayed Sims like Straud?

I'm just curious as to the nature of it because one of my weaknesses is not being able to eat human-esque food (even plasma salad makes me violently ill) so my main food source are human Sims and am wondering if I'm going to have to start curing vampires so I can feed again.
Message 1 of 5 (5,184 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@KCrayog, you don't have to worry about NPC Vampires turning your other Sims into vampires. Standard smile You don't even have to worry about any playable Vampires like the Vattore siblings, Vlad, or your Vampires Sims turning other Sims into vampires when you are not watching. Wink  The only way to get Vampires in your game is 1 of 3 ways:

1.) Game generated Vampires (NPCs) like jplarlsen stated.  I've never noticed them being preexisting Sims ... the game generates them as Vampires.

2.) Giving birth to a Vampire baby.

3.) You choosing to have one of your Sims turn another Sim into a Vampire (or having your regular Sim ask a Vampire Sim they know to turn them).

Sometimes Vlad or a NPC Vampire will sneak into your house at night an bite one of your adults, but they just drink from them; they do not turn them!   If they drink from your Sim, your Sim will become unconscious and sleep for a bit.Sleepy  Then they will spend the rest of the 24 hours extremely uncomfortable.  I have them take lots of baths and bubble baths.Large smile  You can also send them to the spa if you have the Spa Day pack.  Doing activities that increase comfort lessens the time they will be uncomfortable by a little bit.  But they wont' be uncomfortable for more than 24 hours!

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (5,480 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

NPC Sims (Vampires or not) are generated by the game as needed.

Notice that you can purchase Plasma packs on your Sims Computer and with sufficient skill you can create your own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (5,173 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh I know about the plasma packs, it just takes multiple packs to replenish the thirst. Much easier as an evil Sim to compel for a deep drink and then carry on. It's just about convenience. Was mostly just curious on if previously human Sims could be turned by vampire NPCs.
Message 3 of 5 (5,167 Views)

Champion

@KCrayog, you don't have to worry about NPC Vampires turning your other Sims into vampires. Standard smile You don't even have to worry about any playable Vampires like the Vattore siblings, Vlad, or your Vampires Sims turning other Sims into vampires when you are not watching. Wink  The only way to get Vampires in your game is 1 of 3 ways:

1.) Game generated Vampires (NPCs) like jplarlsen stated.  I've never noticed them being preexisting Sims ... the game generates them as Vampires.

2.) Giving birth to a Vampire baby.

3.) You choosing to have one of your Sims turn another Sim into a Vampire (or having your regular Sim ask a Vampire Sim they know to turn them).

Sometimes Vlad or a NPC Vampire will sneak into your house at night an bite one of your adults, but they just drink from them; they do not turn them!   If they drink from your Sim, your Sim will become unconscious and sleep for a bit.Sleepy  Then they will spend the rest of the 24 hours extremely uncomfortable.  I have them take lots of baths and bubble baths.Large smile  You can also send them to the spa if you have the Spa Day pack.  Doing activities that increase comfort lessens the time they will be uncomfortable by a little bit.  But they wont' be uncomfortable for more than 24 hours!

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (5,481 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

When I play with ordinary sims I tend to have a planter with Garlic at the front door. No more break ins by Vampires at night.

They will however come by for a normal visit. It is fun to strike up conversation near the front door and look at them being uncomfortable the whole time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 5 (5,143 Views)