Re: Vampire Sims stuck with Unbalanced meals moodlet?

by GnatSexy

Original Post

Vampire Sims stuck with Unbalanced meals moodlet?

★ Guide

Has anyone else had a vampire stuck with the unbalanced meals moodlet? I have at least 2 vampire sims that are perpetually stuck with this moodlet, even though they haven't eaten human food since they were children.

I have already tried clearing cache and repairing previously, back when I first noticed this issue and it did nothing.

Message 1 of 6 (2,078 Views)

Champion

@Wholesome_Goth , I know that the Unbalanced meals moodlet either came with Discover University, or else came in the patch that was released right before DU came out.  Normally this would occur when Sims eat too many snacks and quick meals. It is usually cleared up by eating a proper meal.  Standard smile

Considering a Vampire's diet is a bit... um.... different 😅, perhaps what they are eating is counting as more of a snack than a meal.  Wondering  Do they drink from other Sims, or do they just drink plasma packs and plasma fruit? 

Also, it is just one household that this happens in?  Does it happen in a another Save Game File?  Wondering
Are you playing on a console or a PC or Mac?Wondering (Sorry, I don't remember!)  Do you play with any Mods or Custom Content (CC)?

I did check to see if there was a bug report on this.  I looked in both the Discover University and the Vampries sections and didn't see your problem.  If I get a chance I might be able to check my game to see if this also happens to my Vampires. 

Also, could you list your Vampires' powers?  I don't know if that info would help, but it might come in handy helping us figure out what is going on! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (2,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PugLove888

It is just the one household, as far as I can recall. But I have moved two of the grown children out, one is never to be played again so he won't be an issue. He can do his own thing for all I care.

The first kid, the eldest of the children and the first that moved out now lives in the city. I forgot to add her into the number of those in the family affected by this issue, which is 3 sims. I believe the only vampire power she has gained is the ability to turn into a bat. (But I might be wrong, I will have to check if she has the ability to cast hallucinations or not.)

The third grown child still lives at home and I do not remember what her powers may or may not be. 

It hasn't mattered if their diet was plasma pack/plasma fruit free or not, the unbalanced meals moodlet stayed put no matter how long they stuck with the diet.

I only have one other saved game file and that is purely for the Star Wars pack. No vampires have moved in on that one.

I do not use custom content or mods.

Message 3 of 6 (2,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just adding to my previous post, now that I have my game open:

The eldest daughter (the one currently living in the city)

has 5 vampire powers.

1. Garlic Immunity 

2. Detect Personality 

3. Bat Form

4. Cast Hallucinations 

5. Eternally Welcome 

The daughter still living at home has 1 vampire power:

1. Eternally Welcome 

It seems to be only the kids of the family with this issue. Neither of the parents have been struck by this issue of the stuck moodlet.

I also tried evicting the Daughter in the city and moving her back into her apartment but that did nothing to resolve it. 😢

Guess that was a sims 3 thing. 😂

Edit on 10/24/2020:

I forgot a child. 😱

So I was just looking through all the households I started and quickly forgot about, in this save file and to my horror discovered I had forgotten about another of the grown children from this household that had moved out...He is vampire and has 0 vampire powers.

This now makes a grand total of 4 who have been struck by the curse. The Curse of the Stuck Moodlet! 😶

Edit to the Edit: When the youngest is close to entering his teens, and before the vampirism kicks in, I will have to be sure to make sure he is not eating any snacks or quick meals. To see if I can prevent "the curse" from being triggered. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,034 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had this issue recently and I fixed mine by using cheat: traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire to make her a normal sim. Then I had her eat a healthy meal, throw up (if needed) until the moodlet went away, took less than 60 seconds for me. Once the moodlet was definitely gone, I used cheat: traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire to make the sim a vampire again. I didn't have to redo powers, but I did have to change vampire form in CAS again, so maybe take notes or screenshots if you care about losing those settings and not remembering what you had done. 

This was after I researched and tried everything else (except mods) and I just decided to give that a try and it worked. I hope, if you're still having this issue, that this helps.

It's ridiculous that we have to even do all of this, but yeah, that's what worked for me. Good luck!

Message 5 of 6 (1,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Wholesome_Goth I was able to resolve it by having my Vampire eat a regular breakfast of eggs and toast… it cleared the moodlet right away. Of course it didn't help his thirst, but it didn't hurt him either. Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (827 Views)