Re: [V] YA Vampire can only have a teen or younger child thru CAS

by JonaO703

Original Post

[V] YA Vampire can only have a teen or younger child thru CAS

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, discover university, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work; realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out; nifty knitting, tiny living; moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vampire in CAS, set them to young adult. play with genetics to create a child with that vampire as the parent.
What happens when the bug occurs? you can only set the child sim to teen or younger through CAS, or the game stops recognizing the relationship.
What do you expect to see? through normal gameplay, a young adult vampire can have a young adult child because the vampire doesn't age (and if the child is a vampire, that child will stop aging when they become a young adult). I would expect that the game would allow the same situation to exist through CAS that can be achieved through gameplay. a young adult vampire should be able to have children that are the same age - or older if they're not vampires themselves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I guess I understand if this is a limit of the CAS system, it's just an unfortunate one. 

Message 1 of 3 (624 Views)

Hero
@SerenaBeanie I don't think that's a bug and I know we already have a thread like this (which I can't find atm but it's probably in General Discussion).

Going to merge this when I find the thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SerenaBeanie I agree with @crinrict on this issue.  It's not a bug.  We may not like it (and I don't by the way) but this is how CAS was designed.  A sim created through CAS must be younger than their parent sims.  I first discovered this issue after saving a father-daughter household where both were YA.  They weren't vampires but I had aging turned off.  The daughter started as a toddler and aged up to YA during a game.  Then I wanted to start a new game with this family as an existing household.  It took a minute to understand why the father-daughter relationship wasn't available in CAS.  I overcame the issue simply by setting the daughter to teen and having her age up as soon as gameplay began.

Edit: I do think it's a valid suggestion and should be in general discussion.  However, I too was not able to find an existing thread about this exact issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 3 (581 Views)