Using Current Packs for Kits Suggestion! :-)

by iamlimeyellow

Original Post

Using Current Packs for Kits Suggestion! :-)

★★★ Novice

I’ll admit, when kits first came out, I was skeptical. But I can see what you guys are going for now. I have a couple suggestions for future kits that could make a lot of people happy and give EA a chance to bring in some money that they may otherwise be missing out on. I personally do not have or want the vampire, realm of magic or paranormal packs. Not a fan of those and I really don’t want those Sims or that kind of gameplay in my game. However, I would VERY MUCH like the build mode and CAS items from those packs. I really like using homes from other simmers off the gallery. However many of them use items from those packs (like the counters from Magic or the couches from Paranormal) and I have to replace all those items when I download the house. The same for when I download Sims from the gallery, I have to replace CAS items. And I would like to use those items in my own builds. I would really, really, really love some kits where I could get all of those items by themselves without the world or the gameplay. Obviously I’m not counting cauldron or the summoning circle or anything like that because I wouldn’t have the gameplay. I think there are a lot of other people who probably aren’t buying certain packs because they don’t want the gameplay but would definitely  appreciate having the build and CAS items. I know this is long but one other suggestion. I’m sure you’ve gotten this before before but would you consider creating a way to turn off the story for Strangerville? I would absolutely love to have that world and the build and CAS items. The only thing that holds me back is the story and gameplay. I just don’t care for it. If I could just turn off the story and possessed Sims (like you can turn off the dust in the Bust the Dust kit) I would absolutely buy it! That’s it. I really hope you consider this. I think I would work for a lot of people. Thank you for reading. :-)

Message 1 of 6 (401 Views)

Re: Using Current Packs for Kits Suggestion! :-)

★★★★ Expert

What a great post! I so long for the world that comes with the Game Pack Vampires, and all those beautiful Build/Buy items -  a radiator! Victorian aesthetics! Coffins! I could go on; but I really don't want game generated vampires in my game, and I don't want the break-in, or the involuntary blood sucking, it just is a little weird connotations to that. But there was no toggle added to vampires, and until one is made I will not buy that pack. If the items, and world, was packaged differently I would buy them in an instant.

Message 2 of 6 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@iamlimeyellow What a great idea!  I'm sure it would be mutually beneficial for the players and EA to offer pack items through kits.  I don't have Bust the Dust (why would I do that to my sims?) or the new Oasis one but I have the rest already.  I'm hesitant to buy the dream decor one but it would be awesome to get the items from it.  By the way, I'm a fan of all things supernatural and even I think most of the creatures are way too obnoxious. lol  Also, I absolutely love the furniture and decor that came with Paranormal Stuff!  For that one, gameplay doesn't change unless you have your sim actively pursue the Medium skill and career or add a haunted residential lot and have a sim living there.  Those little specters aren't just wandering around. They only show up at the haunted residential lot and at paranormal investigations.

@DonroaAkashu I just thought I'd mention that Vlad is the only one who's broken into my sims' homes.  If you wanted that pack, you could just delete him from your game (or any other vampires, if they bother you).  Just a thought. Standard smile

Edit: Now that I think about it, gameplay doesn't change for Realm of Magic either.  You will see spellcaster NPC's out in the world but none of them do magic outside of the Magic Realm.  A few of them might travel to lots on brooms but I think it's barely noticeable.  Aside from that, if you never create a spellcaster sim and you never have a sim go to the Magic Realm, then it's pretty much business as usual.  If you don't know already, the Magic Realm is a semi-secret area inside the added town of Glimmerbrook.  So normal sims can't travel to it directly.  They have to actively look for the portal.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 6 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Thank you @JonaO703  Standard smile I think the behaviour is ill thought through and inappropriate, on the same line as alien probing and impregnation of males, and that much talked about patch note about the Hates Children trait and the moodlet dazed. 

I do have the Magic Realm pack, but I do not send my sim to the realm in my playsave, since I do not want the sims flying around on brooms, on the other hand I happen to like the Strangerville infection and how the sims behave; but I think the point of the suggestion is that features can be very invasive and not all players want them, and the current pack idea of combining world, gameplay and objects, but with no or very few toggles/ways to disable features, will lead to players making a choice based on prioritization.

Message 4 of 6 (327 Views)

Champion

@DonroaAkashu My apologies.  It wasn't my intention to minimize anyone's feelings toward any off-putting game content.  I merely wanted to point out there are ways to get around some of these features if one really wants access to the BB and CAS items.  I agree we should be given more options to disable certain features.  I especially dislike sentiments; specifically their effects on toddlers.  I also love the idea of making BB and CAS items available in a kit.  Given the abundance of bugs that remain and the continuing push by EA to release content seemingly unhindered by user input, I'm not terribly optimistic these things will change.  Nonetheless, I added my "me too" and I hope for the best. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 6 (305 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@JonaO703  Yes, that I understood, no need to apologize! I understand the wish to help, and also to want others to share the joy one finds from the packs; I just meant that if I wanted the pack I would buy it as is, like I have with the others with features I do not use or intend to, based on the calculation of what can be tolerated. Standard smile

I have been to the magic realm in saves created for that reason, and I will not miss it as gameplay, but I would like to play the scientist career without having to tie myself into a knot to avoid abductions and aliens running around undisguised in the world. What they have done with Paranormal is a good compromise; I bought the pack for the items, but the career is not interesting and so it is very relieving that random houses will not turn haunted until specific player directed action starts that chain of events.

Message 6 of 6 (298 Views)