Re: Used to get event invites from NPCs (birthdays, playdates) but don't anymore

by jules_are_us

Original Post

Used to get event invites from NPCs (birthdays, playdates) but don't anymore?

★★★ Apprentice

I remember perhaps a year ago when I was playing my sims would get invites to events from their NPC friends—sort of like getting asked on a date by an NPC, but there were more events, like birthday parties, playdates for kids, etc.—but at some point I just stopped getting these. I thought it could be something that changed in my game or perhaps it was just patched out, but I did some searching and it looks like some folks get these all time, some have never gotten them, etc. and it doesn't seem like there's any pattern to it. It's not a big deal, but I thought it was kind of cute and realistic that one might get invited to a friend's birthday party or something, and since it seems to happen for some people and not for others, I wonder if it's a bug or some issue?

I'm on a MacBook Air, I keep the game updated, and I do have a few packs and mods installed (MCCC), but if I'm remembering correctly, I stopped having these events when I was still playing vanilla with just the base game.

Message 1 of 5 (861 Views)

Re: Used to get event invites from NPCs (birthdays, playdates) but don't anymore

★★★ Guide
@jules_are_us Wait. Are you saying we're supposed to? I never have.
Message 2 of 5 (822 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@FluidPanNerd I've gotten them in the past just not recently, and looking around forums and such it looks like some people do and some don't!

Message 3 of 5 (815 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jules_are_us I'm disappointed. That seems like a decent bit of game play I'm missing out on.
Message 4 of 5 (813 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, turns out complaining about things on the internet is an effective solution to my problems. Just since posting this, my sim got an invitation to a birthday party. First time this has happened to me in over a year (and an embarrassing number of hours on this game). Still kinda blows that only some players get them/they come really inconsistently (this current sim of mine has also had multiple super-close friends age up with no invites whereas I used to get them what felt like pretty much anytime a good enough friend was aging up). Super weird.

Message 5 of 5 (764 Views)