Upcoming Hispanic Heritage Pack Apparent Typo

by tron20X6

Original Post

Upcoming Hispanic Heritage Pack Apparent Typo

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi there,

I just wanted to point out something I noticed when reviewing the upcoming update's events and packs.

I believe there’s a typo in the name of the Hispanic-influenced pack. The pack is called Mi Cultura Viva en Mí. This translates to My Live Culture in Me. I'm certain the title is meant to translate to My Culture Lives in Me, which is Mi Cultura Vive en Mí.

Nothing against the pack at all, it's fantastic. I'm so happy to be getting the free items that were patched into TS4's base game a couple months ago. I just want to make sure the studio gets the translation correct so that nobody is offended. I speak Spanish fluently and as someone with Mexican and Puerto Rican heritage, this pack makes me so proud.

Speaking of pride, I would absolutely love it if the Día de los Muertos pack could be re-run this Halloween season!

Much love,

Tron

Message 1 of 3 (447 Views)

Re: Upcoming Hispanic Heritage Pack Apparent Typo

Hero

Hey @tron20X6 

Thanks for your post. I was very much in doubt about the correct name of the pack. 

I am from South America. Standard smile English is my second language. 

Mi cultura viva en mí is, as far as I know, the expression used by some groups in the Hispanic community in the US. 

Remember the regional difference in our language. Spanish language from the Caribbean is very different from what we speak on the Andes mountains.

I would have said Mi cultura vive en mi, which is , as you have pointed out, correct.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 3 (421 Views)

Re: Upcoming Hispanic Heritage Pack Apparent Typo

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes of course @SalixCat, we have so

many regional differences in our language! Part of what makes it beautiful, right? 🤗

But even a quick Google search and I couldn’t find anything saying that the phrase “mi cultura viva en mí” is correct.

I guess it could also translate to “The Cultura viva (alive/lively culture) in me”, with “Cultura viva” being a proper noun. But in this case I would’ve said “La Cultura Viva en mí”.

Idk. Would definitely like to hear where the people in charge of making the title got their info from. 😄

Edited to add: Maybe it’s an LA thing? I remember watching the TS4 live stream when they announced these items and they mentioned how they collaborated with LA-based Hispanic artists. Never heard this phrase myself and it sounds so grammatically incorrect to me, but if it’s a thing, then I guess it’s a thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 3 of 3 (401 Views)