Unwanted skills

by Flamingo2610

Original Post

Unwanted skills

★★★ Newbie

The one thing that really annoys me in sims4 is that there is no way to get rid of unwanted skills. I only want my sims to have skills that he is going to pursue but thats impossible when my sim picks up a skill from only doing it for a few seconds. In real life, when we do something for the first time without watching video tutorials or being told by a friend how to do it we dont know how to do it so therefore it should take my sim a while(at least 15 mins in sim day) to gain level 1 of whatever skill. Is there any way to get rid of all these unwanted skills? 

Message 1 of 3 (2,279 Views)

Re: Unwanted skills

Champion (Retired)

@Flamingo2610 

Well the first time I watched my mother peel a potato and fry an egg I immediately learned how to do that. Level one cooking right there. Later I watched my father doing woodworking and learned the basics. Level one Handiness there. I could go on but hope you get the idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (2,275 Views)

Re: Unwanted skills

Champion

@Flamingo2610 I have to agree with @jpkarlsen here.  Level 1 is the most basic "I just started tapping my feet" dancing level or "I picked up a guitar and started plucking" kind of stuff.  It means your sim began something but has no real "skill" in it.  My sims often have level 1 in a bunch of different things.  Many times, they've leveled up in things I didn't originally think they would "need".  I vote to let them keep those interests in case it might add to the story later.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 3 (2,255 Views)