Re: Unpleasant surroundings my foot! 😠

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unpleasant surroundings my foot! 😠

★ Guide

Something has to give here or I'm going to give all my Sims the slob trait. Every game family I have gives me constant grief with that cursed orange trash can and being unhappy due to unpleasant surroundings even when there is NOTHING to trigger it! 😠😠

Case in point- My family just moved into the second-most expensive, elaborate mansion in Del Sol Valley. I spent HOURS putting their decorations, furniture and everything out. Another hour just to build a basement for my indoor greenhouse setup.

There is NOTHING dirty or out of place, but the MINUTE they stepped in the house that blasted icon latched onto them and won't go away. I must be a strange Simmer cuz I detest having negative moodlets on my Sims and do my best to get rid of them at once. But what can I possibly do when they have a maid, nanny, butler and BRAND NEW HOUSE but are still complaining about 'being surrounded by filth and squalor'?!?

By the way I think the trigger for such a rancid description of an area should seriously be reconfigured. A dirty dish or 2 in an otherwise spotless mansion (should there actually BE one) in NO WAY qualifies as filth and squalor. 

Yes, I'm very agitated that my Sims are slapped with negative moodlets after I've spent all morning moving them into a freaking brand-new mansion. They slump around like they're in a dump. >.<

Message 1 of 8 (17,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide
@TygerNight So, the fix for EA is plz add the green fog and for simmers, name the fish.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (17,622 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@TygerNight 

Check your Sims inventory. Sometimes they can have dirty dishes in there. Also look on shelves and on other objects they can be placed on. Lastly check if anyone needs a bath.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (17,711 Views)

★ Guide

Oh I'm hip to all those sneaky things. LOL I've been playing Sims since the first one. I'm always in their inventory and look for the 'discard spoiled food' tab on them as well. I am extremely familiar with shelves (which even toddlers can reach to put dirty dishes ON but NOT to clean them up) and have triple-checked my dozen shelves. I think I would have noticed the green mist around a Sim, as that's the easiest way to locate stashed dirty dishes, but most of my Sims have the Forever Fresh trait so that's not the issue, Also, my morning routine for children is potty, shower, eat. For toddlers it's potty then change clothes. They get a bath after they eat.

The other reasons those couldn't be my problem are that 1- it's a brand-new house, they'd never stepped foot in it to leave dirty dishes on shelves, and I certainly didn't put any out when decorating. Wink

2- They couldn't have had dirty dishes in their pockets nor need a bath because they didn't get the moodlet until after they entered the house.

I did figure out what it was after a serious search on forums, and I'm very upset about that as well. For some bizarre reason fish in tanks now decay and the tanks DON'T give the green fog to tell you there's any problem. It seems that now you must name each fish to keep it from decaying (foolishness) which is a bit annoying since I keep so many fish stored for magic potions. Once I found and sold all 'foul' fish in my 4 tanks and named the survivors, all has been well with them.

But your suggestions are certainly all valid and thank you for trying to help. Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (17,682 Views)

★★★ Expert
@TygerNight Thanks for that info on the fish tanks. You're right, having to name fish to keep them from spoiling is one of the most foolish things I've seen in this game so far!

I'd better check my old saves, some of those fish were really hard to find & catch! (I am looking at you, Lionfish...)
Message 4 of 8 (17,680 Views)

★★★ Guide
@TygerNight So, the fix for EA is plz add the green fog and for simmers, name the fish.
Message 5 of 8 (17,623 Views)

★★★ Expert
@troshalom I've kept un-named fish in the smaller fishbowls without having them spoil so maybe using a bunch of those instead of the bigger fish tanks is another possible workaround.

I still think having to name the fish is foolish. IMO they should either add interactions where we could feed the fish, clean the tanks, etc., or just get rid of the spoiling in the tank thing altogether.
Message 6 of 8 (17,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@troshalom  Pretty much. The one positive I noticed when naming is that if all the fish are the same (I have 6 angelfish in one), as long as you name them w/o using R2 to separate them, they all get named. 

I now have 6 angelfish all named 1. XD

@RandomBuzziness  I've kept fish in all tanks and bowls without issue, this is new. Which was probably why it took me so long to find out what the problem was. I always knew that even fish in my inventory that were 'foul' would be just fine to display in bowls and tanks but this has apparently been changed.

@diopter77  I usually change my lot traits but even when I forget for a while, I can't feature any lot in the most expensive area of DSV to have a dirty trait attached to it. So far I've only noticed that they mostly have the 'celebrity home' trait pre-installed. But that's not to say that your suggestion is any less valid, thanks for trying to help. Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (17,574 Views)

★★★ Expert
@TygerNight I haven't been able to duplicate this in my game. The fish I keep in the small bowls and the large tanks stay fine even without naming. No spoiling at all in 14 in-game days. What are you seeing in the forums? Is this an RoM thing? I don't have that pack but I am currently patched. Are you on PC or console?
Message 8 of 8 (17,545 Views)