University makes Strangerville repeatable

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

University makes Strangerville repeatable

★★★★ Guide

I never thought there would be a reason for repeating the Strangervillie story, but the possessed sims get max motive gain while sleep walking and acting crazy even though they can't do anything productive while asleep you can slap them if you need them to complete something before a deadline.  I found this out on accident, my major problem with sims in University is tense and uncomfortable moodlets stop you from doing University homework, this became annoying with a toddler always wetter her diaper and making messes around the house that made the environment completely filthy so I decided to infect my first sim with the bizarre fruit and they get instant max motives right away and every night around 1:00am.  Perfect for college students, so I had someone from strangervillie plant one in the college court yard.  I call it stay and play and increase the influence of the redacted plant, spread the love of the mother in the creator.  My problem is I reactivated the story, but all the bizarre plants I planted in other worlds and strangervillie don't grow.  It could be because its winter and there is snow on the ground in most worlds.  I also want to see if you can craft other plants onto them to see if you can get  more of that grafted plant.  Since when you plant death flower your only get one death flower, but if you graft the death flower to trash plant you can get 4 or 5 death flowers in a few days as the trash plant grows and fruits quickly.

Message 1 of 4 (772 Views)

Re: University makes Strangerville repeatable

Hero

@Sid1701d9  That's pretty cool using the infected in DU.  I hadn't thought of trying that.

On the bizarre fruit.  They won't grow in a planter.  At least I never got them to anyway after trying in several worlds.  They just get to a certain size and drop back to a pile of dirt.  But if you take a cutting off of one of the mature plants in Strangerville while the story is active and graft it to a regular plant, you can get a constant supply of bizarre fruit.  I think it's like 2 or 3 a day.

Message 2 of 4 (737 Views)

Hero

@Sid1701d9  I've been experimenting with the bizarre fruit plant in my game since my last post.  Thanks to a tip from @EuphorialQueen , I was able to successfully grow a bizarre fruit plant in a garden in a planter.  The key thing is that the story has to be active.  I got mine to grow to full size and bear fruit, but as soon as I beat the mother plant, it dropped back to a pile of dirt.  I have not seen yet if it will grow back once I start the story again.  But that's next so I'll let you know what I find out.

I grew my plant in a planter in a garden on a basement level so weather wasn't a factor.  It was on one of the Sulani lots and it is spring.  And as far as I can tell the bizarre fruit isn't seasonal.  I did plant it before I restarted the story and it grew about halfway on it's own before I started the story and waited to see if it would grow all the way which it did.  

I had no problem in Strangerville with the plants in the world growing the first time.  When I restart the story tomorrow, that'll be one of the things I will check.

Were your plants (the ones that won't grow) in the world or on a lot?  It took 3 or 4 days before mine got to full size from a pile of dirt.

I also grafted the bizarre fruit to a snapdragon and that gave me 4 bizarre fruit the first time.  That still happens without the story being active.  The mature plant did give me 1 before I finished the story so it will produce.  Again, the key is the story has to be active.

Message 3 of 4 (670 Views)

Hero

@Sid1701d9 

Ok, I have played through the story twice since I last posted.  Every time I restarted the story, my plant grew to full size in the planter and would bear fruit.  Every time I beat the mother plant it dropped back to a pile of dirt.  Both times I revived the mother plant after beating her but did not set any weirdness level so SV was plant free but the plant in the planter on my home lot grew back to full size and would bear.

So, I suggest you revive the mother plant if you haven't already done that and don't do anything with weirdness.  That should let the plants grow back wherever you have planted them.  That will also leave SV in a normal state so you don't have a ton of infected running around there.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4 (630 Views)