Re: University homework before finals

by MunchieSim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

University homework before finals

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there

My sim made the mistake of taking four classes her first time in university. As she approaches the end of the semester she doesn't have enough time to do her final paper, final presentation, and all of her homework too. Do you have to do the homework before the final task of each class? Something's gotta give cuz my girl needs sleep lol

Message 1 of 9 (3,610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@RandyMandy27, It is best to do everything, but if you can't then I would certainly do the final paper, or final presentation over the last bit of homework.Wink  Same goes for studying for a final test if your Sim has a class with that instead of a paper or presentation!  I always choose the big projects over the last little bit of homework if I run out of time (just like in real life).  However, in the future try to do all the homework assignments too.  Raised eyebrow

The Research and Debate skill will help learn things faster but if you don't have time to learn that as well, I usually do as much of my preparation for the presentations and the writing of the final papers, as well as studying for the final tests in the Library that is located between each university as it has the Study Spot lot trait that is really helpful in getting your work done faster!Nerd  You can do homework there too! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (3,592 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@RandyMandy27, It is best to do everything, but if you can't then I would certainly do the final paper, or final presentation over the last bit of homework.Wink  Same goes for studying for a final test if your Sim has a class with that instead of a paper or presentation!  I always choose the big projects over the last little bit of homework if I run out of time (just like in real life).  However, in the future try to do all the homework assignments too.  Raised eyebrow

The Research and Debate skill will help learn things faster but if you don't have time to learn that as well, I usually do as much of my preparation for the presentations and the writing of the final papers, as well as studying for the final tests in the Library that is located between each university as it has the Study Spot lot trait that is really helpful in getting your work done faster!Nerd  You can do homework there too! Angel

Message 2 of 9 (3,593 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Awesome!! Thanks for the help!! I didn't think university would be this hard. My Sim was so zonked she got a final paper and presentation done and then passed out in her last exam lol

Message 3 of 9 (3,546 Views)

Champion

@RandyMandy27, if you want your Sim to socialize more, then only have them take one or maybe two classes.  If you want them to finish university sooner, or make top marks, then of course you can have them take on a full corse load. Standard smile

I recommend keeping the course load light the first semester or 2 to get the hang of how things work, and then add more classes as you fell more comfortable! Wink

I think the developers were going with a more realistic approach to this pack.  Gettin your degree is hard work in real life and it is very hard to juggle multiple activites if you want to do well.  (Of course we can always play a story where have our Sims fail on purpose Wink, but for the most part we want our Sims to have a better life! 

Message 4 of 9 (3,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Sims is a fantastic game. This game is similar to a deity simulator, but not quite. Because a meteorite may hit your character the following day of the game, or your kitchen could catch fire.

Message 5 of 9 (3,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@RandyMandy27  I always sign up my Sim for University on a Friday and do all their "final" presentations over the weekend, before the first day of class. Which is kind of hilarious but there you are.

IOW no, you don' t need to do your homework first!

Also, what @PugLove888  said, I would absolutely prioritize your final projects over homework if you have to pick one.

Message 6 of 9 (3,047 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There's some really good advice here in the above posts.

I wanted to share my own first time experience with University. I also took 4 classes in a Distinguished degree, but one of my Scholarships would only pay me if I also played in the Soccer team, so I had daily soccer practice and Matches on Fri / Sat to attend.

I think the only reason I survived the ordeal was because my Sim is a Grand Master Vampire and with no need to sleep. I had those extra hours to help me cope with the full course load + Soccer commitments.

Admittedly, much harder than I had anticipated going into the Degree.  If you're doing the Academic Aspiration at the same time, be prepared for the Tutoring challenge. I believe it was like 5 hours per student tutored  and you needed to tutor.. 3 or 5, I forget, but it was a pain in the rear to fit that in as well. Then there was the part of the Aspiration that required you to attend 3? guest lectures, which ran at the same times everyday as soccer practice.. lol. I actually waited for after Graduation to complete those.

All in all it was a super fun challenge, now I'm ready for another Degree and I hope you go again and have fun !

Gluck.

Message 7 of 9 (3,034 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Your sim has to do all their homework before their first class.  Then after their first class, they will have more homework which has to be done before the class after that.  Projects and papers have to be done hand handed in before the last class.  Both require a first draft as well as a final draft.  If your sim has a final exam, they have to study for at least two hours before the final exam.  If you want a really good mark, they have to have the skill required for your degree maxed out. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,975 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I forgot to add - email professor about progress after your first class.  That seems to help too.  It's also best if you start a term on Friday so you can have plenty to time to get a head start on homework, papers, projects, and study time.  I'm currently playing with a sim and making him get all the degrees available! Party hat 

Message 9 of 9 (2,947 Views)