Re: University Dorm Room - Can't shut out other sims

by shaderondark

Original Post

University Dorm Room - Can't shut out other sims

★★ Apprentice

I've just started playing university, in my room I have 1 room mate and EVERYONE just comes in, takes food from my fridge and uses my computer.  I know this is supposed to be real but IRL I'd lock the fridge and lock the computer away in a drawer.   Is there a way to lock your dorm room so no one can come in?   I have tried the usual door lock method. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,629 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also, random people are coming into the common room and swiping furniture.  I thought it was to do with Eco Living but there is no where for a "Caring is Sharing" policy to be set. 

Very confused, please help. 

Message 2 of 4 (1,596 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@shaderondark 

You should be able to click on the door and lock for everyone. I've used it before and it works. If your room has a roommate, just make sure to unlock it for your roommate using the "Allow access to..." command.

If you just want to lock your computer, go into the computer's "Computer Security Settings".

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 4 (1,568 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Click the mailbox at the University Dorms to check NAP policies and vote and resend them. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,551 Views)