Uncomfortable Surroundings

by GridironGuy88

Original Post

Re: Uncomfortable Surroundings

★ Apprentice
@GridironGuy88 One thing that was happening frequently with me was I used different height walls a lot and glasses or dishes were getting placed on top or on top of a shelf. I click a dirty plate and 'clean up' and it usually clears it.
Message 11 of 19 (402 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GridironGuy88 If it's not the old hidden plate, try checking your floors.
Sometimes there's a puddle of water on the floor and it's very hard to see it. Especially if you have a textured carpet or any type of pattern on your flooring. Also, there actually are paints and counters that are designed to be gross and shabby even when you get them brand new. They are supposed to be used in lower income apartments. (or houses, I have City life EP so it could be part of that, I am not 100% if they are base game as well.) And there's one apartment that has a chalk outline of a body under the carpet, I didn't know it was there until the green fumes began to rise up out of the floor, so I went into build mode and took out the carpet and there it was! Gross!
Message 12 of 19 (387 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SuzieAdvie Oh, and the sinks, toilets and counter tops can be dirty as well. So check those too. Your SIM will have to clean them.
Message 13 of 19 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SuzieAdvie Wow I definitely didn’t know that I will have to double check. Thanks!
Message 14 of 19 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JoRN1414 There is some space between the first floor and basement level to account for a raised patio so I will definitely check. Thanks!
Message 15 of 19 (372 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SuzieAdvie I always forget about that body outline, I don't know how because i love it.
Message 16 of 19 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SuzieAdvie I updated to the latest version and made sure everything was clean and that seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for all your help!
Message 17 of 19 (333 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes, for some reason, if they have a plate of food in their inventory that spoiled can cause the "filthy surroundings" moodlet to appear. This happens in my game quite often.

I have also had Sims that needed a shower without the green fog but a tanked hygiene need (a glitch I figure) and the surrounding Sims react by the "filthy surroundings" moodlet.

Message 18 of 19 (318 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@greenean71 I didn’t think of that I’ll have to check that out thank you!
Message 19 of 19 (315 Views)